Mustaine left Dean and went to Gibson/Epiphone/Kramer

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
So didn't they say the natural and silver were "limited" as well? Now they're saying this green one is only 100 produced so people are trying to flip them on reverb?
No I'm pretty sure they said that there was a "limited" first drop last year before a full release in February.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So this isn't deserving of it's own thread, but *another* artist is moving to Gibson it looks like?
Take a guess at who it is. A bass + "R.B."

290764790_10160225811153304_8021463695243464961_n.jpg
Isn't Gene Simmons using Gibson basses now or some crap?

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wasn't even aware he was playing music anymore.
He seems to be trying to create a youtube following, which is weird to say the least as all he does that I've seen is talk about Dimebag being a genius. Kinda hard to start a following when your primary topic is someone not creating new music any longer.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
He tried to do a solo project, but from what I can tell that bombed. ALso last band he was in was Kill Devil Hill but he left that. No clue what happened between him and Down either.
I know he did a book, but from what I've heard it sucked.

chipchappy

thudmaster
Reaction score
He tried to do a solo project, but from what I can tell that bombed. ALso last band he was in was Kill Devil Hill but he left that. No clue what happened between him and Down either.
I know he did a book, but from what I've heard it sucked.
I read it - its like 200 pages of him saying 'fuck Vinnie Paul'. He made Vince sound like a dumb, annoying hanger-on. It was brutal.

Kill Devil Hill was beyond bad. And for Down his liver quit the band first, then the rest of him followed, if you catch my drift.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I read it - its like 200 pages of him saying 'fuck Vinnie Paul'. He made Vince sound like a dumb, annoying hanger-on. It was brutal.

Kill Devil Hill was beyond bad. And for Down his liver quit the band first, then the rest of him followed, if you catch my drift.
I remember someone saying he made it sound like he was the hidden genius behind Pantera's success. :lol:

flv75

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Any rumor about Mustaine's new Kramer and Epiphone signature guitars? The Megadeth tour is going on but Dave is playing only his new Gibson...

Flappydoodle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's cool. Their recent live sound is good too.

So Dave is using the passive thrash factor pickups and the Quad Cortex. Dave says he's using the Marshall JCM 800 model, and Kiko using the Friedman. Going through power amps into Marshall cabs with the Dave signature G12 V30 speakers.

They don't say specifically whether they are mic'ing those cabs, or if the audience is hearing an IR from the QC.

Guitars look pretty cool though. I live the silver one.