Mustaine left Dean and went to Gibson/Epiphone/Kramer

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
Damn...I'm a huge mustaine fan but each time i wanna click for preorder, i'm like "well it's just a silver V" "You already have a modified robot V which looks kinda like it...."....
The natural looks even more basic. It lacks of something, I don't know. And Ebony at Gibson is something unsure on the long term....
Jackson, it's your moment to release a mahogany and a silver KV. Like....really ;)

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
Just watched the video....Funny how people shit on the robot series but the robot V i have has a better finish.......here we have wood rain visible under the paint, the inlays don't look great on some areas and the binding looks really fucked up...for a 2790 euros guitar, it's a bit sad but i guess that's how gibson do things nowadays...sigh...sorry to b...ch;)

VMNT

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just watched the video....Funny how people shit on the robot series but the robot V i have has a better finish.......here we have wood rain visible under the paint, the inlays don't look great on some areas and the binding looks really fucked up...for a 2790 euros guitar, it's a bit sad but i guess that's how gibson do things nowadays...sigh...sorry to b...ch;)

Which one of the nine and a half inlays doesn't look good to you? :confused::D

Rosal76

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

ArtDecade

John Bohlinger's Miyagi-Fang Karate
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted already but... Moderators, delete if needed.

If anyone of you here are into the bidding on auctioned guitars thing, Dave is auctioning 5 of his Gibson guitars. I thought they were talking about his old Jackson, ESP, and Dean guitars but they are Gibsons.

https://auction.megadeth.com/?omnisendContactID=60b7a15f1215fa09e685497a&utm_campaign=campaign:+OWN+A+PIECE+OF+GUITAR+HISTORY!+(61c376a1ef29d700180652c0)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=omnisend

Not played or owned by Dave, but he looked at them the other day in Nashville. 20 grand! ;)

BenSolace

Divine Solace
Reaction score
Dave showing once again that he's a shrewd businessman. He's going to make at least 30k from those things while doing almost nothing for it.
It's been a long day so my eyes could be deceiving me, but I'm pretty sure "package 1" is currently at over $700k...

VMNT

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Either an error or Gibson is buying that guitar from themselves as a part of the "mind blowing strategy" to make headlines.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
That WAS a crazy good gear breakdown. I’m a little shocked at the missing inlay piece, the tool gouges on the binding, and especially the grain showing through on the body. Especially that last one - it’s such a big thing, maybe it was intentional, and they’ll all have it that way? If not, that’s crazy it made it out like that.

Ataraxia2320

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That WAS a crazy good gear breakdown. I’m a little shocked at the missing inlay piece, the tool gouges on the binding, and especially the grain showing through on the body. Especially that last one - it’s such a big thing, maybe it was intentional, and they’ll all have it that way? If not, that’s crazy it made it out like that.

The grain showing through is 100% intentional. It's a very marmite design choice.

Latest posts