Musikraft 7 string

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by 0 Xero 0, Jan 28, 2016.

1. 0 Xero 0

0 Xero 0 SS.org Regular

Has anyone here made a 7 string with a Musikraft neck and body? I'm tempted to save for one because you can get a lot of cool features like a compound radius, choose your neck profile, and choose the timbers you want. It'd be cool to make a strat or Charvel type guitar like this. I suppose the only downside is they only offer a strat style body, but that's what I'm looking for anyways. From what I've read their six string necks and bodies are nice. I love the amount of options they offer versus some other companies. Any feedback on 7 string related necks and / or bodies would be great!

2. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

I have a guitar with one of their 7-string bodies. They did a nice job. You can Google their reputation with necks. Some bad stories but lots of good ones too.

One caution is that the heel width is quite narrow. I assume that if they're cutting them for Hipshots and Floyds that the string spacing must work out, but the bridge that I used is cutting it a bit close. So if you like a real wide string spacing or room on the fretboard on either side of the low B or high E, you might not like it.

3. 0 Xero 0

0 Xero 0 SS.org Regular

Small world! Thanks for the info. I'm still in the same boat as before, but it never hurts to do research eh?