Murder Construct firing shotz at da djentz

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
travis strikes me as a real smart dude, the lyrics are pretty obviously very tongue in cheek, I thought.

They're obviously taking shots at the garbage trendhopping deathcore, djentcore kids who have more money and equipment than talent or originality, not saying "all new music sucks bro, everyone should sound like napalm death"

WE MUST DEMOLISH THIS FUCKING TURD YOU POLISHED

^probably the best line of the year though :D

Ninjahat

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
"OMG guize so theres this thing called duh-jent an kids use these crazy guitarz with more than 6 stringz (LOL), and thay have sometimez singy vocals an w/e lol"-Travis Ryan upon hearing about Periphery 2 days ago.

But nah, I love Catt Decap but in my opinion it's lame when people rant about genres/most music things. Makes me vicariously embarrassed, all these tr00 bands have "old man yells at cloud" syndrome, e.g getting mad about stuff that shouldn't matter.

Ninjahat

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You clearly don't get it .

I got it, what's not to get. Band makes joke tune about djent/new music/production/mediocrity. 2 deep 4 me I guess bro.

There was some smart lines in there definitely, but unless Travis wrote this song to make fun of people who think like the ones I just described, I got 100% of it.

Just wait, Uncreative sorta just confirmed my suspicions man. Travis is a butthurt metal nerd, who just so happens to be in a sick band.

Uncreative123

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
travis strikes me as a real smart dude, the lyrics are pretty obviously very tongue in cheek, I thought.

They're obviously taking shots at the garbage trendhopping deathcore, djentcore kids who have more money and equipment than talent or originality, not saying "all new music sucks bro, everyone should sound like napalm death"

WE MUST DEMOLISH THIS FUCKING TURD YOU POLISHED

^probably the best line of the year though :D

No, he just bitches and cries about EVERYTHING. He's a miserable person to be around, if you have to be around him. I couldn't go one day without hearing about the 'born with a silver mac book in the mouth' thing. He says it all the time (in reference to any band that has come out in the last 10 years) so it's not surprising that it finally ended up in a song. But what is surprising is that he maintains this stance while professing that the Faceless is 'the only good band to come out in the last 10-15 years'. Though he ultimately ended up turning on them, or at least Michael Keene. I didn't listen to it, but I can tell you it's not just about 'djent' it's about anybody that has any type of advantage and hasn't 'proven' themselves, put in enough time or done enough hard work etc. in his eyes.
He has serious insecurity issues and becomes very jealous and even irate at other peoples success- especially if he thinks they don't deserve it. This is easily demonstrated- just ask him about Dave Astor/Pathology sometime, sit back, and watch the fireworks.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I laughed, then I realized that the Periphery song I was listening too was much better than this so I turned it back on :yesway:

while professing that the Faceless is 'the only good band to come out in the last 10-15 years

Really? :lol: It seemed like there was a pretty blatant shot at Sumerian and all their bands in that video

static07

Reaction score
You know what is realy lame? ... making a song to say someone/something else is lame. I didn't laugh, I didn't even smirk. It's just not funny. It's not aimed at Djent, it's aimed at musicians that homerecord, use SD 2.0 (point and click) and use 9-strings. It's not even bashing the "genre", it's just bitching about other musicians for their choices. Pathetic.

Demiurge

Intrepid Jackass
Reaction score
I guess I can understand that it looks petty to take the time to rag other musicians within a piece of music, but I really can empathize with the spirit behind it.

There seems to be a sort of generation-gap in metal that is evident here. Let's face it- the music industry and general attitudes towards certain types of music have changed drastically even within the past 10 years. It seems that not too long ago, metal was significantly less popular than it is now and what it took to be successful is a lot different than it is now.

It probably chaps some of the veterans out there to see that, thanks to technology, the game has changed: now to the songwriter here, it seems that if somebody can buy enough gear, spend enough time editing, and make enough connections online with people that they'll be successful and maybe get a record deal, a far cry from the money-losing tireless grind that might still leave the artist broke and obscure. (Of course, it seems neither here nor there to mention that the music- however it is made and however it reaches the audience- must still be good :lol:)

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
Guys. He owns a macbook silver pro himself :p I saw it in the cattle decapitation studio report.

Anyway. I bought the new Cattle Decapitation album today.. SICK STUFF!

NovaReaper

Banned
Reaction score
So this is like grindcore for hipsters?

nah, it's deathgrind. you know, shit like terrorizer, assuck, origin, pig destroyer...i see a lot of discouraged djent fans in here so i just want to reassure you that this is indeed how the rest of the metal community views djent, good day

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
I prefer to judge bands on their individual merits, rather than the genre they belong to. There are d***t bands I like a lot (I can't bring myself to even type that stupid word), and there are deathgrind bands that I can't stand. I was expecting to like MC a lot more, given the pedigree behind the members, but I just can't get into it.

NovaReaper

Banned
Reaction score
i can see why a djent fan would say that. there are no siqq polyrhythms to bounce around to nor are there any out of place ambient clean guitars over chugging the same 2 notes. only riffs.