MTB/DirtJump/Enduro etc - Bike Thread

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by lewis, Oct 16, 2020.

1. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

those are the posts that the old V brakes were attached to.
    They were promptly removed haha.

As you can imagine, Im getting new forks and full disc brakes on this

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  2. Semi-pro

Semi-pro SS.org Regular

Ooo, nice to see new posts in this thread. I realized that I never shared this vid (my trip to a dh bike park last November):

Can’t wait for our local park to open in 10 days, already got a season pass!

TheShreddinHand and Seabeast2000 like this.
  3. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

The Nice Weather came early this year here. I'm behind by a few weeks and didn't get my 2007 Mongoose (yes! Mongoose) MTB rigged up for the season. I bring it into the shop for full tune/check and tubeless conversion redux, I walk out leaving the bike there BUT ordering a whole new 1x10 drive train AND tires. The shop guy was amazed that Mongoose made high-quality bikes at one time, totally appreciated it.
    So excited, tires were 5-6 years old. Tires are also 26" so have to wait a few weeks before those come in for whatever reason, they do a lot more 27.5" and 29". This bike is 14 years old and its STILL so nice and light that I do not want to update to a 29'r just yet, although I may just get a full fattie or 29r soon to have one. Anyway, now it will be nicer, lighter and simpler but have to wait basically 10 more days before all the parts are in and done. So torqued to go full 1x10 from the silly 3x9.
    PSA, anyone stuck on a tubed MTB, do go tubeless. The ride change alone was such an improvement. Also never got a flat, its a thing I can't explain but it reduces flats a lot. And that is coming from a rider of the low sharp desert.
    Yes, I could do all this myself but I just simply don't have the cycles (No puns) and since I consider an MTB to be one giant piece of safety equipment, don't want to fuck around and find out.

EDIT, a few other upgrades I've done.
    New stem, superwide bars. Replaced the old Avid Juicy brakes with XTs. Same front and rear suspensions. Front is a Fox Vanilla , rear I forget. NO pix yet.

4. Seabeast2000

Also.....considering putting a dropper in. I might phone that add-on in.

5. Seabeast2000