Moving programmed drums from Guitar Pro 5 to Addictive Drums in Cubase

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by WhoThenNow7, Jul 9, 2015.

1. WhoThenNow7

WhoThenNow7 SS.org Regular

I know how to do it and have done it half-successfully. The only problem is that when I transfer the drums I programmed over to Cubase from GP5, the cymbals don't all match up. Ex: I programmed a hi-hat but instead, Addictive Drums is playing the ride cymbal- and for those who have never had AD, I cannot simply choose a different type of cymbal in the ride slot with AD, I can only change to other types of ride cymbals.

I also have Superior Drummer 2.0 but I haven't used it much at all, because it is a bit above my level on editing the sounds and making the drums sound "record-worthy". Anyone have this problem and know the solution? I'd really like to keep programming the drums through guitar pro instead of inside cubase, it just seems much easier.

2. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

I did the same thing at some point and had the same problem. In presonus Studio One you can make so called "maps" for the midi input, so say you always want C1 to correspond to D1 you can do that, and then you just have to find out what note guitar pro has as cymbals and what note they should be in whatever drum software you use.

Makes sense?

3. ToneLab

ToneLab Bedroom Playa

I import from GP into EZD2 with no problem. I know you don't have EZD2 but it is certainly easy to get record worthy drums from that (at least for bedroom guys like me).

4. WhoThenNow7

WhoThenNow7 SS.org Regular

It does, thanks for the input! I'm sure Cubase has an option.. I just haven't went into great depth at looking for it.

I've been interested in EZD2, but I'm just not sure if I can justify buying that when I already have SD2. But it's good to know that you didn't have any problems, because now maybe I can learn more about SD2. Hopefully, since it is also Toontrack, it won't be an issue.

5. DXL

DXL SS.org Regular

Well Addictive Drums read midi, correct? So just move the midi around until the drums are lined up :D