Movies you've been watching...

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by 8Fingers, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Tammy and the T-Rex is fucking dreadful. Denise Richards couldn't act her way out of a wet, soggy paper bag. I love some low budget trash (Troma, Full Moon), but this was feces coated in vomit.

2. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

She's perfect for the role. She acts like she's in a serious soap opera instead of acting jokey, and it just makes everything even more ridiculous. Maybe she's a bad actress, but it was a perfect choice by the director, then. It's much like what Verhoeven did with the intentionally bland actors in Starship Troopers.

If you can't get any enjoyment out of scenes like the dinosaur making phone calls or biting off kid's heads at the party, I don't know what to tell you. Or the hilarious sex scene with the villain, or the vicious ball-squeezing fight, or Bernie's wild overacting, or the random nature preserve/realistic lion attack, etcetcetc....

3. Spaced Out Ace

I think I'd rather watch my toe nails grow.

4. Spaced Out Ace

Fear Street 1994 -- 4/5 stars
    1978 -- 4.5/5 stars
    1666 -- 2.5/5 stars; horrid film

zappatton2 likes this.
  5. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

The Parallax View and Three Days of the Condor.

6. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

When I was deployed I got a bunch of bootleg DVDs and one of them was a compilation of all the Alien movies. I never heard of one of them. It's called Alien 3000. It doesn't look like it was an official Alien movie. It's pretty awesome though.

7. Dumple Stilzkin

Dumple Stilzkin SS.org Regular

I just watched the horror classic Sleepaway Camp last night. Holy hell, if you’re a fan of the genre and haven’t seen it, go on ahead and watch it. I won’t spoil any of it, except to say damn this movie shook me. I’m a huge fan of horror. So I’ve been combing my various streaming services and brushing up on the classics. Texas Chainsaw, Friday the 13th, The Thing etc. Nightmare on Elm Street Dream Warriors is just as fun as I remember.
    Anybody ever seen Redneck Zombies? Love that one.

And I watched Dude Where’s My Car? For the first time, pretty good stoner film.

8. Spaced Out Ace

"Joey, looook... all the little piggies come home!"

Sleepaway Camp is a classic. What it lacks in budget, it more than makes up for with a smart, well thought out script with a lot of depth upon subsequent viewings. I think it is unjustly disliked by a certain segment, likely because they didn't catch or understand particular plot points. They saw it on its face, and disliked it by clutching their pearls like religious types would. Had they caught and understood those plot points, they would've most likely loved the film's moral of the story.

The sequels are tongue in cheek and satirical, but Pamela Springsteen does a great job. She apparently took over because Michael A Simpson wanted a more jokey style, in order to spoof things without taking it to the levels of Student Bodies. Felissa Rose was apparently both on her way to college, as well as unable to do the material as intended. There have been fans who'd like a Sleepaway Camp wherein there are two Angela's and they face off or something along those lines.

Anyone -- even if it is the filmmakers -- telling you that Friday the 13th was the main inspiration for Fear Street 1978 is either a liar, or a moron, but I'd believe both. It has very little in common with Friday the 13th aside from being at a camp and having a Jason like killer. Even then, the killers inspiration is not the same at all. Instead, the film's Sleepaway Camp inspiration is all over the film. Picked on main girl, a lot of complex interactions between the campers resulting in various levels of conflict, etc.

Most Friday the 13th films are not at a camp, and only one of them even has campers. Tom, the director of part 6, likely did so to up the stakes.

Dumple Stilzkin likes this.
  9. nightflameauto

nightflameauto SS.org Regular

Funny, we just watched our box set of the first three Sleepaway Camp movies again over the weekend, plus the commentaries. Those movies are classics for a reason. The first one is truly gifted with great writing and a beautiful execution for the limited budget. Apparently the second and third were essentially shot back to back. I think they said they took a weekend off and then went right back to work doing the next one.

The humor added to the second and third really helped sell the plot. Springsteen is such a great cheery villain. Those films are just so much fun for a slasher.

BMFan30 likes this.
  10. BMFan30

BMFan30 SS.org Regular

I took a chance watching "Rot" which just came out on Shudder.

I don't know what the fuck is happening to horror movies. But this shit is just straight Hillary Rodclam Clinton trash. I'm not going to watch another movie for months now.

Heaping Pile of feminist shit that doesn't get better even if you get baked and drunk after getting probed by aliens in state of shock + hypnosis where any movie can be passed off as good but this flick still manages to fuck this up for me.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021 at 1:57 PM
  11. Spaced Out Ace

Dare you to post that on Shudder's review section, then you'd have a reason to post on the Reddit posts about your review disappearing. They do that shit especially on Shudder Originals.

"rodclam" -- :lol:

Here's a great article for you; the writer is as dumb as dog water.

BMFan30 likes this.
  12. BMFan30

BMFan30 SS.org Regular

Haha I know they watch out for more of their own on their platforms especially in cuckville reddit. It's weird, it seems as soon as I payed a whole year of Shudder thinking they would bring in flicks that truly cater to horror movie fans.

Three weeks into my subscription they go and bring in all these movies that I can only describe as films for hipster bitches that look like reptilians who can't give up Starbucks and snicker doodles on their supper oppressed college campus that allows them to walk around in dresses shorter than their clams while complaining about it.

Spoiler alert: Rot is litterally a film about an evil pecker that she cops a feel of before cutting it off but the poor pecker scurries away virtue signaling a part two of that movie hopefully not next summer.

Like Fuck, that's what the movie is about. I'm not fucking shitting you. It's literally what I described, I'm not even making fun of it. The movie is literally about needing dick but also being oppressed by it because it's Luciferian. It's a college campus issue with a picnic table with a coffee mug and a sign that says "Change My Mind" on top of it.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  13. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

The Ninja Warlord is like a meme gif but movie length.