Movies you've been watching...

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by 8Fingers, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

Slash: Raised on the Sunset Strip -- dig it. The bonus is Slash is a cool dude.

Hired Gun -- I mean, it feels a lot like a promo. But its got some insight about being a session player. That Jason Hook can fuckin' play.

The Rainbow -- Interesting. That old Mangini guy worked with a lot of acts.

c7spheres likes this.
  2. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Eh... Slash comes off as kinda smug and "too cool for school" for me, even though he and his one album wonder band fell prey to all of the same bullshit as the LA glam scene they "despised." Just an Aerosmith cover band LARPing as Hanoi Rocks.

c7spheres likes this.
  3. Seabeast2000

Interesting, I don't get that from him these days. Maybe no booze and dope and 55 years helped him.

c7spheres likes this.
  4. Seabeast2000

Its So Easy and Other Lies-- Spoken Word/Musical Performance Duff on Duff. I dug it.

Inside Metal: The LA Music Scene Explodes- about 30 min in and its also pretty interesting. A LOT of dudes and some chicks from bands I haven't heard from since perusing borrowed Hit Parader and Circus mags in 1982/83 in study hall but also a lot of dudes in bands that got big and lasted. There's a Part 2 as well.

Disclaimer: If these guys have something of interest to me and the doc keeps me watching, I invest the time and call it a net gain. . :nlb:
    Also, Amazon keeps me rolling through these with their "customers also watched" tiles. :lol:

c7spheres and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  5. Carrion Rocket

Carrion Rocket Registered Lurker

Had to watch a few Schumacher movies given the news

Phone Booth
    8MM
    Falling Down
    A Time to Kill

6. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Finally got around to watching the new? Star Wars Skywalker film.
    - It was entertaining but really left me with an over all underwhelmed feeling.
    - It seemed the movie was more of the same stuff. Same shit different day type feeling.
    - I get why it ended that way and it makes sense, I was just hoping for something more.
    - All-in-all looking at the entire 9 movies, the Solo movie, and the Rogue 1 movie, I think they're a great collection. I thought Solo and Rogue 1 were much better films, but these all fit together in a nice package.

- I may just be to old to give a care any more, but I'm really not very critical at this point. I'm entertained and not a nerd about it. It's kind of like expecting Metallica is gonna top its older best albums. You check it out and are happy if you hear something like what made you love them. For these people trying to carry on a legacy I think they did a really good job not being Lucas and crew doing it from the 70's.
    - Maybe someday in 10 years when I get time to watch some more tv I'll check out the Mandalorian and other stuff. I hear it's good too.

BlackMastodon and MickD7 like this.
  7. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire grossly incandescent

The Hunt: I actually really enjoyed it. It's a dumb action movie with pretty good practical effects and gore masquerading as a smarter film that wants to poke fun at the bipartisan divide in the USA. It fails miserably at being a political satire. At best it could be considered a meta take on cancel culture backfiring on liberals, or a very meta way of poking fun at MAGA rednecks and how they think they're the heroes of the story. That's probably giving it wayyyy too much credit though.

8. Kaura

Kaura with a car you can go anywhere

Da 5 Bloods

Pretty entertaining but holy fuck was it cringy watching guys firing a M16 or even an AK on full auto for 10 seconds straight. It takes less than 10 seconds to empty a clip even on single fire.

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  9. KnightBrolaire

*ahem* it's called a magazine you uncultured swine

10. Kaura

Kaura with a car you can go anywhere

Whatever man, I'm drunk. :lol:

11. MFB

MFB ExBendable

KnightBrolaire likes this.
  12. Seabeast2000

The Mission (1986)- It holds up, haven't seen it in forever and there were whole chunks I had not remembered. Note to self: 1750's fashion was brutally hot. Got the fam to watch it.

Trivia noticed, Maurie and Jimmy Conway would again be rivals 4 years later in another movie. lol.

13. KnightBrolaire

I see what @Kaura meant about Da 5 Bloods. Jesus the CGI gunshots and blood spatters look atrocious. I've seen better shit in youtube videos from like 6 years ago ffs.
    It's so bad

14. Seabeast2000

6 Dynamic Laws for Success
    Rando selection from the Prime- surprisingly original and funny. Recommended if you are in a quality indie mood.