Mourguitars Pedalboard build

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Mourguitars, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Mourguitars

Mourguitars SS.org Regular

Received the last pedal today the Patchmate8 floor switcher

My original layout i done at pedal playground changed when i bought it...so

Pedaltrain is 32x16

Day 1:
    Heres the new layout (subject to change)....its going to be cramped but the EBS flat patch cable 's was a thought and good buy..and needed, also bought the D'Addario ones that are right and left offset for side and top mont jacks...

I am going to have to go solder less (no way around it ) from the switcher out to the pedals ill spent a pretty penny..either George L's or Lava...have some nice pedal$, so go big or go home , whats a few more bucks..Right ? !!

A EQ will be where the Memory lane Jr is ...its downstairs packed away...most likely the MXR cause the Whirlwind perfect10 is bigger..

On the Effects loop pedals EQ, Delay's , Reverb guess ill put the chorus back there with them...I thru in the Sonic Stomp on it in case i play the Phaze amp...need a little more thump , but ill most likely run my Rack in the loop on my 800... but have options and different tones , choices . I think i can change midi channels with the patches on the floor8...manual isn't clear tho...

Its going to be powered by 2 True Tone's ..Cs12 and Cs7...ill layout , drill and mount those sometime this week...read what mA each pedal is and mark each power port...

The patchmate8 and Kingsley Jouster have power supply's...so i have to put a power strip on the back....going to have to try to make it as clean as possible with my wiring

Its not going to be something you can thro together ...its going to take planning and measuring and some more $$$

Ill post updates on each steps...along with trials and errors !

Mike

20210412_190606.jpg

Randy, Ribboz, Shask and 3 others like this.
  2. Mourguitars

Day 2 :

$317 in George L's ...

Money pit project...but i bought extra cable 50' roll

Ribboz likes this.
  3. Bearitone

Bearitone SS.org Regular

Yo that is one dope money pit right there. I have a temple audio board and keep forgetting to buy the power supply and 4cm modules for it. It would be a dream to have a clean pedalboard but, god I change shit all the time.

Are you worried about modularity and being able to swap things out?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Mourguitars likes this.
  4. maggotspawn

maggotspawn SS.org Regular

That's a beast of a board. Nice.

Mourguitars likes this.
  5. Mourguitars

Thanks ..long time no talk to ! Hope all is well...

Thanks Bearitone !

I tried every pedal out with my 3 tube heads...Those are the chosen ones ! The best sounding OD's ..i have many..thats the best 3 to my ears, but yea...its going to be 95% what on there is staying...

I might take the T.C Delay off and put another DL8..one short delay and one long i seen other guys use that combo and the MM jr was just a stand in for the MXR Eq...but they all sound great with my rigs as stated...so as it stands ...thats the Rig...that sonic stomp...its up in the air...it might have a use

That Jouster thru the clean channel of the Archon 50...man what a tone for mid gain...wow...same for the Tone Press, great pedal

Just got a card table to set up down in the warehouse...need a bigger table when i wire up and flip the pedalboard over...its going to be heavy ! LOL

Mike

6. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

Is that a pt pro ?

I miss mine. I got rid of it cause I was rehearsing allot and gigging a bit. My place had a steep stair case and the dam pedal board in the hard case weighed as much as my cab. Got sick of hauling it.

now I’m just playing at home for fun and I don’t have to move it anymore and wish I had more space for pedals

7. Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25 SS.org Regular

I was just about to suggest 3 Monkeys as another option.

Mourguitars likes this.
  8. Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25 SS.org Regular

Nice board. I rebuild my pedalboards like once a month even though I make everything pretty neat and lock stuff down with zip ties and such.

Mourguitars likes this.
  9. Mourguitars

Day : 2 and a half...lol

Its a Classic Pro....mongey

Didnt want to take the Rubber off these pedals like my MIJ 84 SD-1 ( my 1st pedal i bought ) , so i put painters tape on the label and seen this idea last night on Youtube with the Duct/Gaffers tape....

20210413_193455.jpg 20210413_193846.jpg

20210413_200712.jpg
    20210413_200941.jpg

They stick very well...the other pedals won't be a problem and the hardwire comes with a pre cut Velcro so ill remove the rubber from them...the side view looks nice and neat

20210413_205853.jpg

Drilled and mounted the power supply's , you have to put a 9v battery in the front to lift it up before drilling, it went smooth mounting....I would keep going working on it but my George L's will be in at the end of the week....long day with work

Mike

Randy and JimF like this.
  10. Mourguitars

Cables will be arriving late....seems everything takes a week or 10 days to arrive now...so much for 2 day shipping

Mike

11. Mourguitars

Out for delivery !

Thats a nice way to wake up in the morning...I like Amazons new tracking, it shows where the delivery guy is and how many stops before getting to you....Big Brother is watching and so am i...lol

Mike

12. Mourguitars

Day 3: end of week and George L's came in.....

Put velcro on pedal train and all pedals....

20210417_104413.jpg

Earlier i made these lil jumpers for the patch8 floor..all tested , more made for other loops

20210417_104752.jpg

Broke out the P-Touch and make some labels for the power supply's ...i went here and seen what the mA was for a lot of pedals...keep me from guessing whats what

https://stinkfoot.se/power-list

20210417_134418.jpg

Time to put pedals on and make patch cables coming from the Rocktron switcher....

Glad these came in , now i can start to put together ...lot of $$

20210417_152650.jpg

Mike

Randy likes this.
  13. Mourguitars

New layout....

Took the compressor off, i have the Klone if a need a clean boost..sounds better anyway

EVH90 will go before my OD's and Kingsley and Flanger and Chorus after them in front of amp..

Perfect10 , Delays, Reverb , Gate goes to effects loop...i will wire up but won't hook up yet, my new Effects loop is coming for my 800 so for now ill use the Rocktron Expression / Intellifex ...dont need to be trouble shooting if i dont need to if there is low volume or hum from the loop and dont play nice with it...pedals are fickle

Most likely will take the silencer off and put my muzzle gate in its place (same size) and also leave room for one more pedal when i take off the ISP..if i do do that, or just get another ISP..face palm !

Now the fun part... measuring and wiring , going to make nice runs and use right angles to make neat with those stick on cable mgt things...label the power supply., and make labels on the switcher...going to be a long night !

Mike

20210417_162033.jpg

Randy likes this.
  14. Mourguitars

Day 4:

21 hours of steady working small breaks, building and checking cables , wiring ...moving a few things back and forth to make a little more room , seeing double , walking around hunched over like Quasimodo....its DONE !

I tried to keep it as neat as possible ...made sure every connection was very secure at a right angle and won't fall or pull out.....Labeled the power supply with whats what....glad i had the P-Touch, labeled the pedal switcher

On the EVH flanger , it has those battery compartments that stick out from the bottom , i built up the velcro , but dont like it...going to take it off and see if they can be removed or if the MXR 10 band Eq back plate will fit...its all wired tho

That Jouster was a pain to put on the board , its very tall, bulky...if it wasn't for a late friend of mine that willed it to me and sound fantastic with the Archon50 and the Phaze amp i would have left it off...it would have made things a little smoother ...i worked around it

The board will be here in the music room and won't be moved around much , ill use the ABY and run a cable to another amp

Man im bone tired...but its done and works..what a weekend project !

Mike

20210418_104700.jpg

20210418_105453.jpg

cardinal, Randy, MFB and 2 others like this.
  15. JimF

JimF Contributor

Love it! This is inspiring me to get a move on with my mini (in comparison) board.

Mourguitars likes this.
  16. Mourguitars

Had a hum when i hooked it up yesterday....i was like oh boy , where do i start ?? !!!...Head scratch

Turned out i had the output on the Rocktron switcher in the wrong output...has 2 ...Active and passive...easy fix ...whew ...., but man , what a project....if i start something i like to finish it...it was quite a project to get done in a day....again 21 hrs with small breaks to google check my work look at pics ect

Works great now , need to read the manual for doing presets ...i have it in instant mode now 1-8

Mike

JimF likes this.
  17. Mourguitars

Bought the 1 ft 2 pack power cables to come off the power supply's , velcro a nice new Black power strip to the back of the pedal train..everythings nice and neat....set levels on all pedals at unity

This Project is now done...got a few hours of riffing in tonight

JimF likes this.