Motorcycle Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Riffer, Mar 5, 2012.

1. jordanky

jordanky Contributor

Brought the Sportster home on Wednesday. The first night I had it, I removed the front fender and that weird front cowl thing, removed the speedo and dummy lights, and cleaned up a lot of the wiring and cut all the sparkly chrome wire loom off it. Also wrapped my exhaust. I scored an OEM swingarm on eBay on the cheap, and it showed up today, and I also got a set of struts from a friend. I will be installing the swinger/struts on Sunday and mounting up a solo seat Monday night, finally ditching the weird rear fender. It's looking better already!

[​IMG]

2. jordanky

jordanky Contributor

Bumping for makeover pics. Yes, this is the same bike. Making some progress, I've got a few things to do over the winter but it's much better than before.

In case anyone missed it:

Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Currently:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. chromaticdeath

chromaticdeath Arpeggio Fom Hell

Here's my baby blade, it's a 1993 Honda CBR250RR, i ride this because i'm still on a restricted licence.

[​IMG]

4. MooH8

MooH8 Member

Forgive the necroposting, but this thread just can't die!:hbang:
    Greetings to all ss.org bikers. I'm new to sevenstring.org, but not to bikes. Ridin for years - dirt bikes (YZ250F, CRF250R, KX250 2T and RM250), had also some big naked bikes: yamaha XJR 1300 & CB1300, about year ago bought this babe:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm mostly interested in long distant tourism and this bike handles it pretty well. New riding season starts soon over here, hope to see you guys on the road :)

5. Riffer

Riffer PRS

I live in the Northeast US so it's cold right now so no riding for awhile. That's why this thread has died down a bit. Once it gets warmer out I'm sure the thread will pick up again.

6. MooH8

MooH8 Member

Well - winter is also here in Poland. Haven't been ridin for like 3 months now. Anyway - I'm sure that in some places the situation is different: i.e. Aussies are probably riding their butts off right now :)

7. Jontain

Jontain SS.org Regular

^Mmm nice busa, can only imagine that throttle feels like its connected to a warp drive!

I've been out twice so far this year... both days were fucking freezing but dry. It was nice to blow out the cobwebs but really looking forward to some warmer weather.

Already got a track day booked for May which can't come sooner! Going to be a big group of us going which should be good fun, although I would give anything to be testing with the Motogp lads in Sepang atm. Best. Job. Ever.

Really hoping to save enough this year to buy myself a track only bike, maybe even look into some local race clubs, although on my wage I really need to look for the best bang for buck as I've heard alot of 600 classes here in the UK are undersubscribed and expensive.

8. Lax

Lax SS.org Regular

Hello from french roads :)
    [​IMG]

9. Riffer

Riffer PRS

^A fellow SV rider!!! I like it man. Looks clean. :yesway:

10. Estilo

Estilo SS.org Regular

^ :yesway::yesway:

I like my bikes like how I like my girls: naked.

11. jordanky

jordanky Contributor

This thread always makes me so excited! I haven't even started my Sportster since those pictures up there ^^^ but this weekend, I am hitting some work up full blast. Painting my engine, fork lowers, and wheels. When I get my tax refund, I'm installing a set of clip-on's and looking for a dual sport tire to go up front and otherwise, just finishing up a few little things. Trying to get it ready for spring!

12. axxessdenied

axxessdenied Arium Addict

I try to stay away from the bike scene even though I love it so much.
    I've lost too many friends including my old man to motorcycle accidents. I envy the guys that can ride calmy. I can't, it's always all or nothing. SO I just stay away.

13. Lax

Lax SS.org Regular

I get your point since my dad got his legs broken in a car accident and my brother burnt over all the body in a motorcycle accident.
    I learned their lessons so well that I'm really a cold minded driver and enjoy sunday's rides :)

14. MooH8

MooH8 Member

Riding is nothing resonable. Getting older and constantly loosing friends in bike accidents I also think sometimes about giving this up. But I just can't...:hbang:

15. Jontain

Jontain SS.org Regular

Unfortunately most riders will know of folk who have passed or been badly injured through riding, be it their own fault or more usually someone not looking properly.

Hell my dad met my mum in a wheel chair after being driven into by a van that didn't take the time to look (it was blind date so he turned up to the restaurant early so she would just think he was sitting down lol, he did get out of the wheel chair once his healing was done though), after which he spent over a year in hospital healing both of his femurs which were shattered by the impact. He has also had a few friends who had fatal accidents on the road but even after all this he would never dream of stopping me, my sister and brother from starting to ride. However as you can imagine we are all very aware of the risks and it is the main reason I take my 600 to a track so I can get all of the fast riding out of my system in the safest environment. On the road you just have to be the safest rider you can, very much riding depending on the environment and never let your guard down, of course this isn't a sealed deal of safety but you have to give yourself the best chance you can when people pay less attention to their driving than they do their smart phones.

But as they say once its in your blood there really is no getting it out, just enjoy yourselves and ride safe all!

16. SamSam

SamSam GAS problems

My housemate has just recovered from a broken ankle after smashing up his CBR600RR and has now replaced it with an R1...

I'm hapy to take it easy on my 2002 FZS600 for now. Bought it second hand for cheap and have added a few bits as pieces to make it sexy again! Got new levers, seat cover and indicators to put on. The engine is still sweet as hell and I think it will serve me well for some time :yesway:

17. Bevo

Bevo SS.org Regular

I have been slacking off on my bike, I got the new front end installed and a new back wheel ready to go. Still need to get some spacers made and some small bits to finish it off for next year.

Its going to look sweet with the GSXR wheels and front end...can't wait to ride it!

18. axxessdenied

axxessdenied Arium Addict

My old man went out on the track. Lost it in a high-speed corner, steering wobble ended up throwing him off the bike into the wall and the bike came right behind him and crushed him. At least he went out doing what he loves, but, I'd rather have him around still :(
    Another buddy ended up in a body cast from the same turn. Most of the guys I know that ride are fucking maniacs. I haven't even bothered with getting my motorcycle license. It's a dangerous game to play, pushing the limits.
    Really wish I could take it easy on a bike. I loove riding so much. But, growing up learning how to ride on a dirtbike and being super-competitive about it all the time, my riding style pretty much turned into full throttle / full brake and nothing else.
    I can't even take it easy on my buddies Harley Davidson Rocker :lol:

19. Lax

Lax SS.org Regular

Oh my, we should maybe post a happy thing each time we talk so seriously or we're going to set the topic in a different mood :D

In France, there are some beautiful roads that people from everywhere come to ride, but the main danger is other people, every town or highway is crowded and extremely dangerous ! The government could ban two wheelers if they could, because there is nothing they can do.

With my girlfriend we plan on a half USA roadtrip on a goldwing for our wedding :D

20. Lukifer

Lukifer Need more gain

How have I never seen this thread??

I work at a bike shop. We are a new Yamaha, kawasaki, and suzuki dealer. We are also the largest used motorcycle dealer in Oklahoma.

Which is good because Im a Harley guy and we carry a ton of used Harleys.

Just bought a 2007 Harley Street Bob about a month and a half ago. Love it! Its my second Harley and its all I will ride anymore.