Motorcycle Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Riffer, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Jontain

Jontain SS.org Regular

Oh my, that 848 is LUSH!

My brother has been pining over the pearl white version for soo long! Such beautiful design.

2. Lukifer

Lukifer Need more gain

Got a nice 160 mile ride planned today. Stopping in the middle for lunch and a beer then back on the bikes!!

3. jordanky

jordanky Contributor

Expected high of 30 here today but I plan on riding a little bit since it's my only day off haha

4. Lukifer

Lukifer Need more gain

Got a little warm on the ride with my chaps and big coat on. Hit a few biker bars and did some awesome riding!!

Today Im off work so thought about going back out but its like 30 mph winds today. Gotta love Oklahoma frigging prairie and flat!!!

5. Jontain

Jontain SS.org Regular

I managed to get out over the weekend, its amazing how much better I feel after going for a decent ride! Played the "hmm I've never been down that road before... lets see how quickly I can get lost down it!", which turned up some nice sweeping bends as a bonus.

Did loose the back end a couple of times after riding through some slimey mud but thankfully only enough to unsettle before coming back in line. Still regardless of the salt covered roads and the odd 'exciting' moment it was awesome.

Good to see many more bikers thawing out after winter too!

Also afterwards I got to give my baby a good clean (must be one of the few who loves cleaning his bike) and then set about getting my mates new project FZR400 running and even took it up and down the lane to give the gears a work through and check it over. This little blast put a smile on everyones faces, SHE LIVES!!

Happy riding all, it can only get better from here!

6. jordanky

jordanky Contributor

By the end of the week I should have my clip-ons and a new set of tires. Plenty of work to do this weekend!

7. Riffer

Riffer PRS

Rode with a group of about 16 bikes today. Can't wait until it's this nice all the time. We did have one person who crashed right before we headed out though. He was doing a wheelie and came down and lost control. Bike slid about 300 ft and he slid and rolled for awhile and landed in the grass medien. Busted his ankle bad and road rash on his legs mostly. Could've been a lot worse. The bike got fucked up pretty good. Fairings are trashed, left side foot peg snapped off and the front end is fucked up.

Rule of thumb....keep it rubber side down!!!

Ride safe guys!!!:yesway:

8. Lukifer

Lukifer Need more gain

Saturday I was at work and it was a typical busy Saturday at the bike shop. Some dude came in from out of town and bought a GSX-R1000 with a 12 inch over extended swing arm. Not my thing but hey my company made money so whatever. Turns out the dude was super in-experienced and was going to load it in his truck and truck it home. He decided Im gonna go for a quick spin before we load it. Dumbass pulls out onto the street and pins it in first and dumps the clutch, thinking its extended it wont wheelie. Well it didnt but that back tire was COLD and shot right out from underneath him and he was bouncing it off the rev limiter the whole time. So the bike goes out from under him flips a few times and he gets rashed up real good. Dumbass.

Bet he felt like a dick because he just paid for it 10 minutes before!!!!!!!! Hope you like your trashed up bike your stuck with now.

9. mr_rainmaker

mr_rainmaker Resident Cherokee

don`t ya just love squids....

10. Lukifer

Lukifer Need more gain

So so much. Because when they wreck their bike they come back to me and buy another!!!

11. mr_rainmaker

mr_rainmaker Resident Cherokee

:lol:

12. jordanky

jordanky Contributor

I've been out of this thread for a bit, but I've gotten a lot of work done on the scooter!

Since the last update, new tires; Shinko 241 up front and a Shinko Classic 240 in the rear, painted both wheels, all my controls and triple clamp, fork lowers etc. I also ditched my Biltwell High Drags in favor of a pair of clip on's.

[​IMG]

Got a few chances to ride, here are a few rolling shots! I love the stance, my bike is SO fun to ride and it definitely gets a lot of "What the fuck is that thing?" looks haha. Thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Riffer

Riffer PRS

^ Awesome bike man. Love the stance and look of it.

On a different note. I'm thinking about riding my SV650 this season then looking to move up to a bigger CC bike. I'd love a Yamaha R1 but that's a big jump from a Suzuki SV650 V-Twin to a Yamaha R1 inline 4 cylinder 1000 bike. I could also move to the SV1000 which I'm familiar with and is still a V-Twin.

14. pink freud

pink freud SS.org Regular

So would that be a Crotch Davidson or a Harley Rocket?

15. jordanky

jordanky Contributor

It's kind of like riding a dirt bike with really low handlebars. It's super fun haha

16. Mukersman

Mukersman SS.org Regular

Have any of you guys ever brought a bike to college? As much as I'd like to, it just seems more and more like a dumb idea especially in illinois.

17. Lukifer

Lukifer Need more gain

I sell bikes to dudes going to college all the time. They want a cheap mode of transportation that gets good fuel mileage. So we sell lots of scooters and Ninja 250s to college folk.

18. Riffer

Riffer PRS

Well guess who went down on their bike yesterday............this guy! Wasn't too bad. Bent my left front rotor, have some scratched up fairings and have a fist sized bruise on my left side and my right shoulder and arm are jacked up and sore as shit and my back is also real sore but I'll be fine. I wear all my gear all the time so no road rash or head injuries, just a slight headache right after it happened. Was rolling with a group of 14 other sport bikes and a van nailed it's brakes for no reason which made the truck behind it stop too and I was right behind the truck so I locked my brakes up and went down hard going around 35 MPH and slid under his truck a little. Could've been a lot worse. All the other guys stayed up but they definitely had to jump on their brakes hard as well. The van pulled into a driveway, turned around, and booked it the other way. He was trying to side swipe other guys right before the accident too. Fucking dickhead. I was also probably following a little to close to the truck and I should've backed off once I saw the van being reckless towards other bikes.

19. Lukifer

Lukifer Need more gain

Glad your ok man. Been down twice myself and its never fun. Its inevitable so good thing your not hurt worse. First time down was on my Ninja ZX-6R and t-boned a van that pulled across my lane into a parking lot.

Second time I admit I was wrong. Was drunk and riding my dads Harley Road King and it was cold out and the tires were cold as could be and pinned it out of the bar parking lot and it spun out and what do I do like a noob??? Chop the throttle and over I go. It was low speed and had crash bars so no bike damage but my ego was hurt.

20. Riffer

Riffer PRS

Yeah dude, crashing sucks. I wasn't doing anything stupid so it didn't hurt my ego that much. Just sucks that it was such a cool ride that day with a lot of bikes and we were on our way home and that kind of put a damper on things at the end. We still rode hard and had a blast though.