Motorcycle Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Riffer, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Riffer

Riffer PRS

^ This thread was kind of buried once winter rolled around in the states. I'm suprised there are this many people the ride on this forum. I'm glad I started the thread and it getting a lot of posts! :yesway:

2. Lukifer

Lukifer Need more gain

Well thanks for starting it!! I Was starting to think I was the only biker in here.

I feel ya on the winter thing. Im a salesman at the dealer i work at and winter sucks!!! Commission sucks in the winter I should say!

3. Jontain

Jontain SS.org Regular

Sorry to hear that man, as you say at least he was doing something he loved! There is always going to be that risk be it on the track or road but I have to say I'd much rather come off at full throttle on the track through my own error rather than be taken out by some clueless driver on the road.

My mates dad has the similar bug of either riding at 110% or not at all lol, its great for racing but always smart to know when to stop.

Sorry to drag the thread down that path guys!

I really wish I could get a job at a dealership but here in the UK a lot of them are family run and can be hard to get into, I can confidently say if I had to get up every day to work on bikes I would actually enjoy my work. I was green with envy listening to the Motogp testing this week!

Oh and a happy thing to end on, this bike does funny things to me... Its the most childish (in the best way possible) design I have seen in a long time! :eek::cool:
    [​IMG]

4. Lukifer

Lukifer Need more gain

Yeah being in sales at a shop is stressful at times but its fun. Like just 2 minutes ago I fired up a Honda CR250 dirt bike and took a spin around and hossed on it!! Rode all sorts of stuff I otherwise would never have had a chance.

5. shadscbr

shadscbr SS.org Regular

+1 to MotoGp & SBK's, can't wait for all the seasons to start. Hopefully the Audi guys can help sort out the Ducati for Nicky :scratch: :)

Shad

6. Jontain

Jontain SS.org Regular

I feel pretty bad for the Ducati guys this year as they had little new to test from last year, unfortunately they aren't looking to fight for the title until 2014 so this year will all be about development, which must be pretty hard for all of the riders. I hope that they at least keep Nicky on until they can put a competitive bike under him!

7. shadscbr

shadscbr SS.org Regular

+1, Nicky will keep fighting... it's such a shame Rossi & Ducati didn't get a title...I can't think of a better match :agreed:

Shad

8. jordanky

jordanky Contributor

I need some input! What color should I paint my tank? I am thinking white or a dark gunmetal color. Nothing too crazy!

Anyways, some progress on my bastard today. I only got to paint my engine, but it tuned out great. I am ordering new tires this week, and after I mount them, my wheels are getting sprayed! BTW aluminum foil is the best way to mask most things:

[​IMG]

The results... Much, much better!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    Solodini likes this.
  9. Lukifer

Lukifer Need more gain

Man that looks great!!! Love the old bobber look. Mount it on a Harley powerplant and your in the money!

As far as the tank, since you have so much black, flat black would make it too much like a Nightster kinda look so its a tough one. White would be cool if it was flat white with some sick pinstriping IMO.

10. Lukifer

Lukifer Need more gain

So here is my scoot.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob with a Harley numbered paint set.
    [​IMG]

11. Jontain

Jontain SS.org Regular

I really like the idea of a dark gunmetal tank with some black pin striping + HD logo. Really ace work on painting the engine man, looks like a nice clean job. Have you thought about doing the fork legs in the same black, although it would be a much tougher masking job to make sure you don't get any on the stanchion.

Ace stuff, love me some bobbers/choppers. Have always wished superbike riders and bobber/hd riders would stop being so uppity and just get on.

12. Chickenhawk

Chickenhawk A Bad Idea Contributor

The only correct answer to any motorcycle related paint question: flat black.

13. Riffer

Riffer PRS

Paint the tank copper dude!!!!!!! A dark copper maybe a metallica dark copper. :yesway:

14. jordanky

jordanky Contributor

I've been debating on copper actually. I guess we'll see! I updated my last post with some much better pictures by the way. Super stoked with how well it turned out and how much better it looks now.

15. Arsenal12

Arsenal12 nub

2010 Ducati 848 Dark. Love this bike but will probably have sell in a few months :realmad: ps- sorry for the crap pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Riffer

Riffer PRS

^ SICK BIKE!!!!! I love those things. I saw one in a parking lot when I was leaving a store and almost tripped over my own feet while walking.

17. jordanky

jordanky Contributor

^Wow dude. If I ever bought another sportbike, I would starve myself and buy a Ducati.

18. shadscbr

shadscbr SS.org Regular

That 848 is Sweet!! What a beautiful design :yesway:

Shad

19. Arsenal12

Arsenal12 nub

Thanks all.. yea its definitely all I could want in a sport bike and more than fast enough. Alot of people feel the need to get liter bikes but couldn't ride a 600 anywhere near its potential, esp on the street.. for those who might be interested this is what mods were done to it:

Arrow slip on exhaust
    Pazzo shorty levers (black)
    Zero Gravity smoke double bubble windscreen
    Ohlins steering damper
    factory Ducati dry clutch conversion
    LighTech rearsets
    LighTech gas cap
    fender eliminator

Only has 2600 babied miles too :)

Like I said it'll be for sale in the coming months :wavey:

20. mr_rainmaker

mr_rainmaker Resident Cherokee

and how did I not know this about ya bro...

I used to work at a shop in back in the day:hbang: