Mordred (1980s-90s) currently touring the UK

nedheftyfunk

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mordred, the bay area band from the late 1980s who played a highly original form of metal that incorporated elements of funk before anyone else did, are touring Ireland and the UK. They broke up about 20 years ago. Having last see them play in 1991, they absolutely blew it out of the water last night in Dublin to a crowd of about 200. I totally recommend seeing them:

Sat 23 Aug The Limelight 2 Belfast, ND
Mon 25 Aug O2 Academy Islington London, GB
Wed 27 Aug O2 ABC Glasgow, GB
Thur 28 Aug O2 Academy Newcastle, GB
Fri 29 Aug O2 Academy Sheffield, GB
Sat 30 Aug O2 Academy Liverpool, GB
Sun 31 Aug O2 Academy Bristol

NemesisTheory

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd love to be able to see these guys. Fool's Game is one of my top 20 albums of all time. I'll have to settle for snagging the remastered discs and new material when available (hopefully soon!).

nedheftyfunk

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@NemsisTheory The UK/Ireland tour kicked off because someone in the UK asked Danny what it would take to get them to play again, and he said: "money". Lol! So, now you know what you need if you wanna see them play! Think they'll probably break even on the tour, but seemed to be having fun, which is the main thing for all involved.

@oompa They didn't play anything off "The Next Room". Probably sensitivities to do with Scotty no longer being in the band at that stage. Pity really, as I would have liked to have heard his version of the tracks.

stuglue

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Holy shit! Am I glad I saw this thread, I had no idea that these guys were back together. I've got the In This Live old video on DVD. I was just listening to Sever and Splice only yesterday. Fantastic band, I missed them when they played Bradford in the early 90s. This has got to be my one chance to see them again. Is it the In This Life line up?

wakjob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yep, Fool's Game is most definitely in my top ten metal album list.

Hopefully they will stay together and do some more shows. Maybe a new album?

Lickers

Destroyer of venues
Reaction score
Just got back home. Had a great night and they seemed to be enjoying themselves, too.

It was worth the admission price alone just to hear 'Falling Away' but they delivered a very good set; even though the house mix did let them down a bit.

I caught up with James Sanguinetti and Aaron 'Pause' Vaughn after the show. I tried not to be gushy with James but failed miserably. I've loved his playing since I was a kid and he certainly inspired me after taking up guitar.

They played a new song which I think was called 'The Baroness'. It sounded pretty cool to me. Some nice DJ touches on it, too.

stuglue

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just got back from the gig. Awesome, tight performance. How is a band this good playing to 100 people?