Modding the PRS SE7

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
That looks great! I have a spalty SE7 as well, and I'm in the middle of doings some mods. Already changed pups to SD Pegasus/Sentient and I'm waiting for custom rings and covers in rosewood :D

I was thinking of going with Gotohs but are the Vansons a drop-in replacement? Are they reliable? What's the thickest string they can take? They look good and the price is pretty much unbeatable.

Lickers

Destroyer of venues
Reaction score
That looks great! I have a spalty SE7 as well, and I'm in the middle of doings some mods. Already changed pups to SD Pegasus/Sentient and I'm waiting for custom rings and covers in rosewood :D

I was thinking of going with Gotohs but are the Vansons a drop-in replacement? Are they reliable? What's the thickest string they can take? They look good and the price is pretty much unbeatable.

Sounds good. Look forward to seeing it!

The Vansons are a perfect fit so no need to redrill the headstock - even for the screws.

Not too sure about the thickest string. I've fitted an EB 10 set of Slinkys (can't remember what the bottom B is) and there's still more than enough room to go up a few sizes.

Reliability; hard to say at this point as I've not really hurt the guitar. The strings are pretty much run in now and everything is stable. The real test would be a live show.
They're nicely made and geared well so I've no problem in getting another set should they be needed.

Latest posts