Modded my Pro series Misha

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by yellowv, May 6, 2019.

1. yellowv

yellowv Turd Ferguson Contributor

So I got this Pro series Misha Sig a few weeks back and it turned out to be a really solid guitar. Just needed some fret polishing and it was a solid player. Stock pickups were nothing special. The hardware was actually pretty solid but I decided to change it to mimic the US version. I thought about Ragnaroks in it, but they are super pricey and in the past I haven’t been the biggest BKP fan to begin with. So I decided to try a set I have been wanting to try out for a while. The Fishman KSE set. While I think Fishman REALLY needs to simplify their installs they slay. Super tight and with the other modes are very versatile. I also swapped the stock bridge for a real Hipshot which is much heavier than the stock unit as well as more comfortable. Also swapped out the stock lockers for Hipshot to complete the theme and bc I love them. I will actually put the stock lockers on one of my Charvels. Threw on a set of Hipshot knobs as well. Happy with how it turned out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DaZoner

DaZoner SS.org Regular

That looks really nice! I have a about question your mods. was the hipshot bridge a direct drop-in?

Again, it looks sick!

3. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Looks good. I’m assuming the Hipshot bridge does not line up perfect with the stock string holes. I’m pretty certain these are the same bridges that they used on the Charvel HTs. When I swapped mine to Hipshots, the screw holes matched but the string holes end up about 50% covered. Still works fine though.

4. Selkoid

Selkoid SS.org Regular

Awesome! I too have a hipshot modded HT7, looking to do the tuners next but they're pretty pricey for a 4+3. Can you link the tuners you purchased for the guitar? Was it a straight drop in? I went with Ragnaroks in the guitar and they're great! Those fishman's do look really nice all installed though...

5. yellowv

yellowv Turd Ferguson Contributor

The Hipshot bridge as said lines up to the bridge screws just fine, but the string holes are blocked a bit. Still works fine. I put a .10-.52 set on and they have plenty of clearance. I get all my Hipshot stuff from sporthitech on eBay. They are the best Hipshot dealer on the planet. The tuners are not a drop in. You have to drill for them. Also the ump mounting plates don’t work as the top two tuners are too close together.

6. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars

Looks good and great pictures you took. You must be a professional photographer.:)

;>)/

7. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars

EDIT: Double Post

;>)/