Missing my gear at the practice spot

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by VBCheeseGrater, Feb 23, 2013.

1. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater not quite a shredder

I recently got my rack setup perfected. 6505 for dirt, pod xt pro into a symetrix power amp for cleans and effects, a/b switched, both into a stereo cab with selected speakers in each side.

Today was practice day but the breaker blew before we could jam. I leave my rack at the spot to save my back and wear and tear, but it sucks not being able to play with it especially now that I've got the pod sounding nice finally. Now I have GAS yet again.

I've got my at100 at home but I'd love to be able to tweak the pod. How does everyone else manage your gear? My loving dog died today, miss my rig almost much! RIP Littleman.

2. benduncan

benduncan SS.org Regular

ive lost two dogs:hug:

i have waves GTR 3 ToolRack for when im away from home. it was the cheapest guitar software that i could find. though after i bought it i found out about the "solo" version, thats like $79, lol. dont really like it, but eh.

i assume thats what i would use in your situation. id also feel the same way you do

3. Lukifer

Lukifer Need more gain

Same here. I keep my 5150 combo and Pod XT Live at the practice spot because that amp is stupid heavy to carry with no casters and I have a Peavey Vypyr 30 for home but no effects return and does not like my POD in the least so I just leave it. Ive thought about investing in nice studio monitors and just carting the Pod back and forth. Might look into finding a cheap used Pod XT bean and some powered studio monitors for home and use the Line 6 software to tweak your shit then save it so you can transfer it to the XT Pro.

4. will_shred

will_shred Wannabe audio engineer

I keep my half stack and pedals and one of my guitars at the house of our drummer and rhythm guitar player (they're brothers) and I just practice with my POD HD at home. Leaves much to be desired, but it's not bad all in all.

5. scottro202

scottro202 I'm walkin' here!!!

I just play through a slightly different rig depending on the situation. Practice? Fender 5 watt combo with my pedalboard. Session/Gig? I bring the 4x12 and run the fender and a Jet City 20 Watt head stereo into the cab.

In short, I just bring what I need for the situation (well, for practice anyways :p)