Mishas Sig?

xzacx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There’s like 5 or 6 silver USAs (6s and 7s) on the GC used site for roughly half of what they’re up to now.

musicman61554

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
"You'd have to be smoking crack to buy one of these USA Jacksons at that price. The amount of full custom shop options that are out there for less blows my mind. They play decent, but holy shit nowhere near $4600 to $5200."
Completely agree. Its unfortunate only 1% of musicians can afford these. Same with Ernieball raising their prices to over 3500 or 4k. Glad that there are plenty of custom options out there for well under 3k that beat up on these guitars.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
There’s like 5 or 6 silver USAs (6s and 7s) on the GC used site for roughly half of what they’re up to now.

Wow they have a used misha relic strat. Some poor guy must've fallen on hard times if he bought one of those things and traded it into fucking guitar center of all places.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Wow they have a used misha relic strat. Some poor guy must've fallen on hard times if he bought one of those things and traded it into fucking guitar center of all places.
Or its a return, or demo version.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Or its a return, or demo version.
My guess is the store ordered it and couldn't move it and it sat long enough that it's now "used"

That used to happen at the GC that I worked at with a LOT of PRS stuff that absolutely nobody was buying for those prices.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Why anyone would pay $5k for a production model guitar is beyond me. For $5k I set up my entire tour rig, guitars, modelers, amps, cabs and all. Only time I'd ever spend 5k is on a true custom shop guitar that I cannot get anywhere else, not some HH bolt on from Jackson.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
...Weren't they only like $2600 - $2800 when they were introduced? And didn't we throw a fit when the HT8 Black Satin was $3500? Goddamn @ those prices now.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
...Weren't they only like $2600 - $2800 when they were introduced? And didn't we throw a fit when the HT8 Black Satin was $3500? Goddamn @ those prices now.
I thought the HT8 was like $5000 and we were throwing a fit because it had the ugly headstock?

Either way I'm still angry at myself for not buying an original HT7 when guitarguitar were blowing them out for like £1600.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I thought the HT8 was like $5000 and we were throwing a fit because it had the ugly headstock?

Either way I'm still angry at myself for not buying an original HT7 when guitarguitar were blowing them out for like £1600.

I went back to the thread to make sure :lol:. It was like $5000 CAD when first announced, which translated to around $3500 - $4000 US squigglies.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
"You'd have to be smoking crack to buy one of these USA Jacksons at that price. The amount of full custom shop options that are out there for less blows my mind. They play decent, but holy shit nowhere near $4600 to $5200."
Completely agree. Its unfortunate only 1% of musicians can afford these. Same with Ernieball raising their prices to over 3500 or 4k. Glad that there are plenty of custom options out there for well under 3k that beat up on these guitars.

Is the point here that Jacksons are like the peak of playability? Because playability is a combination of neck shape/radius/fret size preferences and setting your action to your preferred height. Literally any guitar can do that, since you seem to like carved/radiused top guitars based on the HT, there actually are guitars for half the price that do compete easily.

The implication that you have to fork over the price hike prices to get something that plays as well is indicative of some hardcore brand loyalty.

Also sidenote: my buddy just bought a Vola for 1500 bucks, and I'm about to boom out. But the amount of variety and options nowadays mostly negates the need to "go custom".

Cherry Red Schecter Hellraisers, Black/Gold EC-1000's, 400/500 Series Ibanez in gloss black with a rosewood fretboard were literally your only good options when spending around 700 - 1000 bucks 12 years ago.

BlueTrident

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

GuitarGuitar were selling them for £1600?! I remember when the First Gen USA Juggernauts hit the market, both GG and Andertons had a massive number of them and the prices were not as crazy as they are now. I'd kill for the black USA Juggernaut 6 now...

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
GuitarGuitar were selling them for £1600?! I remember when the First Gen USA Juggernauts hit the market, both GG and Andertons had a massive number of them and the prices were not as crazy as they are now. I'd kill for the black USA Juggernaut 6 now...
Yeah the winter before the 2nd gen revamp (maybe Nov/Dec 2018?) they had huge reductions on them. The solid colours were cheaper, and I think the Bulb edition 7s were like 1800 or 1900. So stupid.

Latest posts