Mishas Sig?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Thorerges, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Yup the neck profile is pretty much the same. I didn't have too much time with them, but I played the USA and Pro for a bit next to each other. It felt like the same profile to me. Still don't find them worth the price they are asking, but if you get one used for a decent price, it's a good mod platform.

stinkoman likes this.
  2. Anodyne

Anodyne SS.org Regular

@TerpDudeMatt

Sorry for the late response, I know you asked this back in January. They had to file down a blank tusq nut since it's a non-standard size. It's hard to say in regards to the nut.

My whole debacle was weird because when I first got the guitar with the new nut, I thought the tusq nut (installed) was the stock nut and the extra nut was the tusq nut just by looking at them so I thought they hadn't done the installation at all. I ended up finding the small tusq-nut model number on the back of the installed nut and then realized that tusq nuts look smooth in person. Heck, I even ordered another seperate pre-cut tusq-xl nut just to confirm that they're supposed to look so smooth.

I don't know what the stock nut is made of, might be graphite, but it's not a tusq-xl nut that's for sure. Does that matter? I have no idea, I never gave the stock nut a chance because I wanted no doubt this thing would be as perfect as possible and I didn't want to wait for others to get theirs to be sure if all the stock hardware was up to par.

In retrospect, tuners are the only thing I can definitely recommend upgrading that you'll notice. All I did was throw extra money to remove any guess work/trial and error with a new guitar lol.

3. LeftyJuggernaut

LeftyJuggernaut SS.org Regular

Hey guys, Lefty Juggernaut here, and I wanted to come back to give you all the full story about the now infamous guitar, since everyone seemed to either think I was a complete troll or a stupid teenager. So after Misha gave Jackson the ok on the build, I went ahead and placed a deposit with the dealer I went through, can’t remember exactly how much at this point, maybe like $1k or something like that. I was so excited to finally get the guitar of my dreams, but being 19 at the time I wasn’t making a ton of money obviously, and the lefty build was almost double what the normal sigs were going for at the time, so while I really wanted the guitar, I made the decision to cancel it on my end, since I just couldn’t justify the cost considering how much I was making at the time, it would’ve taken me a long time to pay it off. Of course I didn’t get my deposit back but oh well, you live and you learn I guess. I thought cancelling it would’ve meant Jackson would’ve just gave up on it, but to my surprise they ended up making the guitar and selling it, I saw the NGD post here where someone actually got it, and while that originally was supposed to be my guitar, it wasn’t me that ended up with it. But I can assure all of you that everything was 100% real, I really was a stupid teenager that was a massive Misha fanboy, and I really did order a left handed Jackson Juggernaut.

I’m 22 now, and for what it’s worth the Juggernaut is still my favorite guitar ever (although I liked the old model a lot more than the refresh), so that hasn’t changed, and if it’s ever financially viable I’d still love to get one. But for now, there will only be one...

Ammusa, kamello, Masoo2 and 6 others like this.
  4. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

2020 just keeps getting weirder and weirder....

5. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

I know right. Global pandemic looks normal now.

StevenC, AkiraSpectrum and Albake21 like this.
  6. Vletrmx

Vletrmx ζ

Kudos to you for posting this follow-up here after that whole fiasco. We've all wanted something so bad that we forget about more practical and real world needs. Sounds like this decision was a step in growing as a person for you and that's awesome. Hope you end up getting that guitar someday! :)

7. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Wow, blast from the past. Probably cheaper to try to buy it off the new owner than to have done the custom order -- I mean, it was unlikely that guy paid the full price for it?

...Username "LeftWithNothing" is still available...

8. LeftyJuggernaut

I think it was being sold for a little over $3k, so pretty much half of what I would’ve paid for it.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  9. Guamskyy

Guamskyy Hwat you call me?

IIRC, the owner of the lefty HT6 had enough problems with it that he ended up returning it. I was/in (not sure anymore lol) a lefty guitar group on fb where he posted about how he got it and then returned it not too long afterwards.

10. LeftyJuggernaut

That sucks to hear, I remember seeing in the thread that he found a crack on the body or neck or whatever it was, but I didn’t know there were issues beyond that. Since it was the first and only one I’d imagine there were more room for errors, so I guess I lucked out in the end.

11. Mattykoda

Mattykoda SS.org Regular

And the USA models jumped again

7 string flame maple top $4,999.99
    7 string non flame $4,699.99
    6 string flame maple top $4,599.99
    6 string non flame $4,299.99

No raise on the first generation quilt top and I don’t think there was on the current gen pro models.

Unfortunately the new USA prices put it way out something I would consider now. I’m not sure what caused the raise but damn.

Wildebeest and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  12. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

Woof. They're good guitars but not $5000 good.

The SG King likes this.
  13. Mendez

Mendez SS.org Regular

Holy crap that's expensive. I had some time with the 7 string at a shop and it played pretty damn good, but no way I'm paying 5k for one.

The SG King likes this.
  14. Jake

Jake GAS Master

$5k is laughable. I'm paying less than $5k for this and it'll be here in March :lol:
    [​IMG]

My HT6 is good but I wouldn't even say $3000 good let alone 4 or 5 thousand, good lord.

15. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

LMFAO, I can't believe it cost me $2500 for my HT6 when these first came out.

These are nowhere near worth what they cost, haven't for a long time.

Musiscience, Avedas, Masoo2 and 3 others like this.
  16. Jake

Jake GAS Master

I paid $1800 for mine lmao I have no idea what Jackson is thinking with this price hike.

17. FitRocker33

FitRocker33 My tone is tighter than my hamstrings

Not to mention it seems like Jackson’s QC on even these USA models seem to be spotty as if lately.

I could get a custom shop Suhr or Mayones for less cash now...thanks Jackson I’m out. Deuces.

Musiscience likes this.
  18. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

It's pretty clear what they're thinking.
    Made in USA + Periphery = $$$$$ at 80% margin.
    As long as people pay, why not!

19. Jake

Jake GAS Master

Nobody is buying an off the shelf Jackson with shit QC for $5k. I hardly see the current models being bought as is at the ridiculous price they're already at.

Musiscience and Mattykoda like this.
  20. soul_lip_mike

soul_lip_mike SS.org Regular

All USA Jacksons jumped by $1,000 starting today according to Nick at the Axe Palace.

Musiscience and Apex1rg7x like this.