Mishas Sig?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Thorerges, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Mattykoda

Mattykoda SS.org Regular

.175 are what the 7 string USA models come stock with.

Anodyne likes this.
  2. shpence

shpence SS.org Regular

Anyone found a case that works well for the pro HT7? I didn't even think to check if it came with a case.

3. shpence

shpence SS.org Regular

Nvm, found a case. Got the Ragnaroks in and they sound great. I'm actually liking the bridge so I'm not sure I'll go the Hipshot route. I would like to replace the tuners and 5-way selector as that is rather crappy. Anyone replaced either?

4. davidian6811

davidian6811 SS.org Regular

Hipshot tuners, hipshot knobs, puretone jack, hipshot style saddles (didn't replace the bridge base), and dimarzio titans on my pro ht7fm black

The 5 way is great on its own (double wafer type) not the korean box style. don't see any reason to replace it

Attached Files:

AkiraSpectrum and Anodyne like this.
  5. Anodyne

Anodyne Member

Good stuff, those little upgrades really clean it up, they're subtle but enough to make it look a touch more refined. How's the tuning stability now? Make any changes to the stock nut?

6. davidian6811

davidian6811 SS.org Regular

Didnt change out the nut. I dont think there is a close replacement unless you make one from scratch (the nut width is non standard). I just refiled and smooth out some slots and made sure the grooves are in radius and not too low. I play in Bb

The tuning is stable enough and sounds beastly and even sounding in this guitar which i think is perfect.

7. bmth4111

bmth4111 SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

What is the deal with these guitars? I'm guessing they are two one-off customs Floyd HT7s for misha? God they are so sick, they need to just release a floyd HT7 already hahah. Just leave the fretboard blank tho..

Anodyne, Albake21 and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  8. Spicypickles

Spicypickles Sweeps & Mops

Hell yes on the Floyd’s. I’ve been really digging them recently

9. Anodyne

Anodyne Member

Goodness that one on the left is completely otherworldly looking. Hot damn! But yeah, probably one-offs for the few songs he uses them on and the occasional tool if an idea for it pops up like the dissonant natural-harmonic bends in Motormouth or the subtle downward pitch on New Groove. Still would love to see a small run of one of these, these guitars really wear those Floyds well.

Definitely love Floyds nowadays, a few months ago I finally got around to upgrading pretty much most of the parts on the Floyd Special of an old ESP I have to Original/1000-series parts and it really made me realize just how awesome Floyds can truly be without all the pain and hassle people associate them with. I would absolutely vouch for one with good quality parts, the tuning stability is actually amazing ever since I upgraded it. If they ever get around to making some HT7's with Floyds and they got at the very least a 1000-series floyd in it then it gets an instant thumbs up from me.

Solodini likes this.
  10. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

The shape on the left isn't the same as the sig models (different horns, different control and strap pin placement). The one on the right could be a proto or a one-off, who knows.

11. xzacx

xzacx SS.org Regular

I think it's actually a lot cooler than the production signature models, not that I dislike the look of them. But I would have rather had them come out like this—Floyd included.

12. Anodyne

Anodyne Member

I realized last night the one on the right he’s had since 2013 at the least because it shows up in the video where he first shows off the Juggernaut pickups so most likely a one off. Can’t speak for the one on the left.

13. Logan Abbott

Logan Abbott SS.org Regular

I don’t know about you guys but I for one would love a misha Mansoor 8 string pro series. His other pros do rather well I think. If they released a pro version maybe at $899-999 ! Roasted maple with white? Ebony with black? Ebony with the blue frost? I think it could be really beneficial to Jackson. I want that blue frost 6 string but I don’t need anymore 6 strings, hoping Ibanez also releases a Jake Bowen 7 string in white.

14. ChugThisBoy

ChugThisBoy SS.org Regular

Releasing new series with different number of strings comes with some background to it. They propably didn't do it because there's no huge need for 8 strings, IMO. They surely did a research of it and decided that it will not be good for the business after all since there's no real demand for 8 string models, I suppose

15. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

How much have they been using 8 strings for new material lately? Or 7's for that matter. They seem to be distancing themselves from those sounds a little.

16. ChugThisBoy

ChugThisBoy SS.org Regular

7's are still in use for sure. They're distancing from 8's more. The last stuff they recorded with them is on Juggernaut I think

17. Mattykoda

Mattykoda SS.org Regular

If I remember correctly Misha said in an interview that 8's were old and boring for them, which is reflected on the last two albums. I think if they did the pro in an 8 it would be a small limited run like the USA models but even that I think is a far stretch as an 8 doesn't directly relate to their current music. Plus it's already a niche market as is.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.