Mishas Sig?

Womb raider

Drink from the goblet, the goblet of gore
Reaction score
Don’t have much to add since everyone has beat this horse to death, but I find it unconscionable for anyone to encourage a 19 year old buy a 7k guitar especially when the plan is to finance it. 6 or 700 a month sounds easy, until you actually have to pay the bill every month (that's literally a nice used Ibanez Prestige every month for 10 months just to put it in perspective). That kind of cash would put pause in my mind, and I have a good job. Not sure why you think this guitar is the be-all end-all of guitars, and you certainly don’t have to rationalize it, but just know, that it is not worth that price even if it is the only one on this planet.
Queue flashbacks of my pops saying, “Son, if you invest 7k when you’re 19, you could be a millionaire by 45”.

diagrammatiks

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Don’t have much to add since everyone has beat this horse to death, but I find it unconscionable for anyone to encourage a 19 year old buy a 7k guitar especially when the plan is to finance it. 6 or 700 a month sounds easy, until you actually have to pay the bill every month (that's literally a nice used Ibanez Prestige every month for 10 months just to put it in perspective). That kind of cash would put pause in my mind, and I have a good job. Not sure why you think this guitar is the be-all end-all of guitars, and you certainly don’t have to rationalize it, but just know, that it is not worth that price even if it is the only one on this planet.
Queue flashbacks of my pops saying, “Son, if you invest 7k when you’re 19, you could be a millionaire by 45”.

Should have bought those goddamn bit coins

illimmigrant

A Different Logic
Reaction score
I think everyone is in agreement that it is a terrible idea for the kid to spend the money on this guitar. We've all been there and said "if I could just have this... or if I could just have that.." How many of you would say that "having that" actually changed your life? I bet zero. It doesn't take that long to go lust over the next greatest thing.

My take is, when you have the money to pay for this Custom Shop Jackson in cash, without having to finance, or get a side job, without thinking it'll change your life, without bragging about it being the first one ever (because honestly, no one will care), then you go get it. Until then, snap back to reality. Focus on building a career and stop depending on your parents to get you stuff.

Edit- Sorry if that sounded mean. When I was 19 I felt like an a-hole asking my parents to buy me (or help me buy) expensive stuff. Instead, I kept my $500 ibanez for 10+ years and got me a Carvin once I could afford it. But that's just me.

Dcm81

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm sure the guy that made this could make a stellar lefty version for a fraction of the cost :lol:
16107376_1208975559198819_2724413669231878502_o.jpg

BlueTrident

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Holy .... the amount of common sense that this lad doesn't have astounds me.

They're obviously ripping you off if they're charging $8k for the build. You never even know, there might be a lefty jackson pro Juggernaut.

Also what if you don't like the neck profile of the juggernaut? That's $8k down the drain...

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Holy .... the amount of common sense that this lad doesn't have astounds me.

They're obviously ripping you off if they're charging $8k for the build.

Yea, I'm not even saying don't order a Jackson CS -- so putting aside the stupidity of thinking one needs a custom guitar to sound good / play well -- it's simply not even a reasonable deal. If you're going to give Jackson $8k, you might as well end up with 2 lefty Juggernauts instead of one. There's bad ideas, but then there's also bad deals...no need for both.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
So much Jealousyyyyyyy lol ... you guys let the kid get what he wants.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

I swear you're trolling. You realize we're like all right-handed -- if we wanted this guitar we'd all have it for like $2-2.4k. Some, like Jonathan, already do. :lol: That doesn't change what is recommended to a 19 year old who doesn't have enough money to buy the guitar.

If you think jealousy motivates it...maybe try clicking on some of our NGDs...:rolleyes:

possumkiller

Square Dance Caller
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is jealous of putting themselves and parents into debt for a seriously bad guitar deal. It would be different if he were just some rich kid with parents that buy expensive gifts (I just assumed he was at first). Getting a loan that could buy a used car to get an extremely overpriced guitar is just a bad idea. Especially if you still live with parents and plan to work two jobs to pay for it. Honestly it doesn't matter what people say. We were all that age before.

katsumura78

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My advice is find one of these right handed 7's and at least flip it over to see if you like the neck. It's not for everyone. I like my HT7 because it sounds great and looks good but I prefer EBMM JP's over it in terms of playabily.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Well, I put in my two cents and got a meme of a response back. Ignorance at its finest. I wish his parents could see this thread haha

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Totally not a Jackson employee. :fawk:

And honestly, has he even TRIED one? Why spend almost $7000 on a guitar you never even tried? It might not even be your thing.

For all we know, you could get something like a Schecter Banshee 7-string and it'll be what you're looking for.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
You know... I really can't figure out why anyone is giving this kid a hard time. It's what he wants, his parents are supporting him... should be the end of the discussion. You wouldn't spend that $$ on that guitar? Fine. I don't understand why anyone ever buys a Gibson Les Paul, or gets Jackson Custom Shop guitars in solid pastel colors, or hell, puts gold hardware on a guitar. None of those make sense to me, seems like a waste. And yet, the folks doing those things do them because that's what they want, and it makes them happy. And they're not asking me to pay for them, or use them. Impacts me not at all.

If Wildman wants a a lefty Juggernaut and is willing to pony up the cash, and has the backing of his family, it's really nobody's business. Don't approve? That's fine. Not your guitar. Will he regret it in 2/5/10 years? Who knows? If he does... so what? He'll have a great guitar, or a great life lesson, and a great story either way.

Latest posts