Mishas Sig?

inaudio

Hack Fraud
Reaction score
And as far as buying gear goes this is pretty much the last "big spending" thing I want besides an Axe FX 2 XL+.
...but my current Telecaster with a SD JB just can't handle the kind of music I play.

...I haven't found a good solution to it. Could be the guitar, could be BIAS FX, could be my terrible playing lol.

Silly question, but why don't you get the Axe FX first? It's a smaller investment and seems like a smarter first purchase to tackle considering your current gear and issues. Just a thought!

WildmanDaGod

Banned
Reaction score
Silly question, but why don't you get the Axe FX first? It's a smaller investment and seems like a smarter first purchase to tackle considering your current gear and issues. Just a thought!

I'm going to save money on the side towards the Axe, it's a very important purchase and I wish I already had one lol but I'll be saving for that as well.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
the Jugg will sound way better than most guitars so it can really do anything I'd like, .

I think you're assuming way too much. Just because something is expensive doesn't mean its intrinsically better than everything that costs less.

There is certainly a point of diminishing returns. Will a $8k guitar sound and play better than a $2k guitar assuming they were both built right and set up correctly? Unlikely, they'll probably be about the same.

sawtoothscream

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I sure hope they do a lefty run, especially of the Pro model, and I think if this first build goes good for me and for Jackson I certainly think it's possible and would love to see that happen, I would certainly buy a few. And as far as my parents they aren't actually spending that much, they're just gonna cover the interest rate which I'm sure won't be a huge amount, I'll be the one paying $6-700 a month.

Just curious, what job do you have that you feel comfortable with a 600-700 a month payment? At 19 I don't think many have a job stable enough for that commitment, at least I didn't. Obviously your situation could be much different, had friends that made good pay at their parents companies at that age

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
No, because I've been pursuing metal for my whole life and that doesn't look at all like it will change, and even if it does, the Jugg will sound way better than most guitars so it can really do anything I'd like, this is the end all be all of guitars for me. And yeah this is a lot of money but Misha was also spending lots of money on guitars, hell he even had a Blackmachine before P1 was made!! Guitar is my biggest passion so why wouldn't I go all out on it? I don't find enjoyment from much else...

Blackmachines were also significantly more affordable than they are now too :rofl:

You live and you learn man, good on you if you really are taking the brunt of the cost on this. But I legitimately would not be surprised if this wasn't the end of your gear search. And it's very apparent that you're a big fan of Misha and Periphery, I have an HT6 as well that I love. But you're writing off a lot of options and citing that the Jugg > them in all aspects. You shouldn't write off gear you don't have experience with like that. Honestly, and I mean this in the least condescending way possible, your posts reflect your age very well.

Like I said before, you've set your mind to something and you have the means to do it so go for it. But let's not kid ourselves, you'll eventually find another guitar to lust after. And there's nothing wrong with that either.

And to top it off, you certainly don't have to justify your purchase to anyone here. If you're 100% confident you'll be happy with your purchase, then you're good. Just know that when you tell people about your plans, they'll more than likely tell you this is a very bad waste of money and a bad idea.

marcwormjim

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
^Well-said.

I've easily spent $6k+ on guitars in the last year; so I'm not one to judge this "investment" on the basis of frivolousness - But I'd say there's a lesson for others to learn in this developing parable of The Teenage Fanboy With the American Express Card, even if it takes a few years to unfold with tedious inevitability.

Keep us updated, man. We may tease, but you'll be the one with the sweet guitar waiting outside the debtor's prison.

nistley

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
even if it takes a few years to unfold with tedious inevitability.

Keep us updated, man.

Wow man, but it's the one and only FIRST lefty Juggernaut in the universe! And nothing will change that fact. That Jackson logo is pretty much the most important thing in life! This can't possibly change, and it has huge impact on tone, music career and feels!

gabsonuro

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
now im not knocking the guy ordering the jugg, i would NEVER spend 8K+ to play someone elses guitar/signature guitar.

I just ordered a better specced suhr where i picked all the woods, custom color, the works, and only paid $3400. And on top of it, i can guarantee it will be a better guitar than a jugg (sorry, the jugg's i have played did have qc issues). Plus if i was a periphery fan and 5 years down the line i stopped being a periphery fan or stopped being a metal fan all together, i wouldn't want to unload this guitar at all. What it comes down to is this suhr in my mind is whatever i make of it, not with a signature guitar its whatever the artist makes of it.

although he says he will be pursuing metal for the rest of his life, i mean you may be surprised if your tastes change in a few years. When i was age 10-17 all i listened to was metal, i thought jazz was annoying ...., country music for hicks, and slide guitar for hillbilly's, and considered stratocasters to be the ugliest guitar ever, and the ....tiest sounding. now (age 21) i'm playing less metal, more country, studying jazz, and consider stratocasters to be the best guitars ever made.

BigBossAF

Kept you waiting, huh?
Reaction score
I hope you understand that no one is trying to tell you what to do with your money but instead offering wise advice. I think asking for 8k and not letting you make the guitar whatever color you would imagine is a serious disrespect to any custom shop client. You're paying way more than the guitar is worth, and from the 2k price point you are not getting much more than aesthetics on a guitar.

Anyways, I'm not much older than you and I love the the Laguna Burst and the guitar seems like one I would actually not get tired of. In any instance, no one in this forum ever gets to the point they have had enough guitars or the ones they have aren't ever their perfect gear forever. They'll eventually want more just for the sake of it (y'all gear sluts).

Anyways, andwith regard to what you have said about your gear, couldn't you like get the Axe FX 2 and a couple of 2k guitars in your arsenal with that 8k? You could like get 2 customs on a variety of brands (or really good high end production models from varied brands, including Jackson)

What I really mean here is that, no matter how great the guitar, the tone will not be the dream if you don't have matching gear! And anyone around can tell you that a cheaper guitar trough a great gear will sound much better than the greatest guitar in the world with cheaper gear.

With that being said, this is just friendly free advice, so it's worth what it is worth and if you at the end of the day think that a lefty Juggernaut is the thing, go for it and on that matter I'd actually even advice further that you try and bargaining the price (whoever is charging that knows they are making a crazy amount of profit on a Custom Shop that should be like 4-5k)

KnightBrolaire

OnlyPointies™
Reaction score
i shall await the arrival of this juggernaut onto the classifieds with bated breath. Look, I remember the guitars I wanted when I was 18 and my tastes have changed quite a bit since then. All I wanted was an Ibanez Jem, until I realized I hate tremolos. Then I tried gibsons, realized I don't like the 24.75" scale and wanted something longer. It's an iterative process, where I eventually ended up at baritone 6 strings and 8 strings. It's unbelievably naive to think that this will be your one and only guitar even if you are a lefty. I can pretty much guarantee your tastes will change and you'll be kicking yourself for blowing this kind of money on one guitar. 7k will buy you an Axe Fx II, a nice custom from someone like Ran, daemoness, etc and you'd probably still have cash left over.

possumkiller

Square Dance Caller
Reaction score
He's 19 and in love with periphery. None of you guys are going to talk him out of this. Some people just have to learn life lessons the hard way.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't care that 99% of all those awesome guitars misha bought cost way less when he bought them. When he became a big name, these companies jacked up prices because SSO kids will pay out the ass for anything with his name associated with it.

Is it really such a surprise misha wanted to help? If this kid actually buys a $6800 juggernaut, misha gets his cut as well.

marcwormjim

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's rather cynical - I think Misha was honestly trying to help; like that time he lent the Jedi a Gungan submarine with effectively no strings-attached.. He probably sees the same potential in this guy that he saw in Jar Jar.

WildmanDaGod

Banned
Reaction score
That's rather cynical - I think Misha was honestly trying to help; like that time he lent the Jedi a Gungan submarine with effectively no strings-attached.. He probably sees the same potential in this guy that he saw in Jar Jar.

LOLOLOL that was pretty good I gotta give you that.

angl2k

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Been watching this discussion for a while now and like the others have said I think you're making a big mistake. Good points are raised by the others in this thread but here's some advice that will save you a LOT of money:

Go learn to play right handed.

Seriously, you'll have to invest time in relearning the guitar but only the physical aspect. You're only 19 there's plenty of time to learn (again). I'm also left handed but I've played right handed guitar from the start. I don't have to worry about left handed versions of great guitars.

A Tele with a JB will do metal just fine. Get a nice tube amp or get an Axe FX. Look at Jim Root. He plays a Tele with an EMG 81 and it will do metal just fine. Getting an 8000 dollar guitar will not make you sound like Misha.

I actually still have the first electric guitar I bought and always thought it sounded like crap. Quickly bought a few other guitars. Picked my first guitar up after maybe 6 years. Here's the shocker: it actually sounds great.

My technique has improved a lot and I have a better amp of course. My guitar didn't sound like crap, I sounded like crap. Think about it: if Misha would pick up your guitar it would sound awesome. Would you pay 8000 bucks for your own guitar?

WildmanDaGod

Banned
Reaction score
Been watching this discussion for a while now and like the others have said I think you're making a big mistake. Good points are raised by the others in this thread but here's some advice that will save you a LOT of money:

Go learn to play right handed.

Seriously, you'll have to invest time in relearning the guitar but only the physical aspect. You're only 19 there's plenty of time to learn (again). I'm also left handed but I've played right handed guitar from the start. I don't have to worry about left handed versions of great guitars.

A Tele with a JB will do metal just fine. Get a nice tube amp or get an Axe FX. Look at Jim Root. He plays a Tele with an EMG 81 and it will do metal just fine. Getting an 8000 dollar guitar will not make you sound like Misha.

I actually still have the first electric guitar I bought and always thought it sounded like crap. Quickly bought a few other guitars. Picked my first guitar up after maybe 6 years. Here's the shocker: it actually sounds great.

My technique has improved a lot and I have a better amp of course. My guitar didn't sound like crap, I sounded like crap. Think about it: if Misha would pick up your guitar it would sound awesome. Would you pay 8000 bucks for your own guitar?

Learning to play right handed is something I've considered but being left handed is something that makes me unique and literally the only guitar that made me want to switch is finally gonna be made left handed just for me, so why would I switch now? I'm going to get an Axe as well as this guitar, this is something I've dreamed of for awhile and the chance to get it is finally here. I don't care about any risks, I only look at the reward and I shoot for it.

Señor Voorhees

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I always wanted to learn left handed just for the novelty. You should do it anyway. Nothing beats ambidexterity. Then you can even future-proof what guitars you can own. The left handed industry sucks ass, and relatively few guitars make their way there. Plus, if you think left handed makes you unique, imagine what right AND left handed would do. lol

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
but being left handed is something that makes me unique

Sorry to rehash an old meme but,

NoOneEver said:
Wow, a left-handed guitarist! I'm definitely going to buy that album / go to their show!

Everyone is unique. Usually people want to be unique in interesting or useful ways...

A-Branger

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Look at Jim Root. He plays a Tele with an EMG 81 and it will do metal just fine.

like if somehow the Tele shape of the guitar would make it sound different :nuts:...... Its an electric guitar with a EMG humbucker in the bridge, of course it does metal, shape of the guitar attached to its irrelevant

KnightBrolaire

OnlyPointies™
Reaction score
Learning to play right handed is something I've considered but being left handed is something that makes me unique and literally the only guitar that made me want to switch is finally gonna be made left handed just for me, so why would I switch now? I'm going to get an Axe as well as this guitar, this is something I've dreamed of for awhile and the chance to get it is finally here. I don't care about any risks, I only look at the reward and I shoot for it.

I guess this is just :deadhrse: though since you're dead set on getting the guitar. :shrug:

diagrammatiks

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Do it. Live the dream. Pay extra for them to hurry up

In all srs get the guitar that you want.

But in all other srs if you think playing lefty is a cool thing that won't suck ass for the rest of your guitar playing life u r very wrong.