Misha's Horizon Devices

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by cmtd, Dec 1, 2016.

1. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

i bought 4 pedals (Keeley comp/isp/maxon od/boss ns2
    purely because periphery had that same chain infront of their tube amps before the axe's

so yeah fanboyism does play in lol. For me its a 50/50 blend of a) less pedals and more convenience and b) the od being totally suited to a specific genre/misha

2. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

There's a couple guys from WG involved with HD -- names mentioned in the vid -- but WG as a whole is not part of it.

3. squids

squids .

after listening to the test clips, i understand why he started with a flubby low gain tone to show off the pedal but id be actually more inclined to buy one if they demoed one with a tone that actually sounds decent to begin with. that said, even after he adds the pedal, IMHO, the tone still sounds....uhhhh....:ugh:

4. sylcfh

sylcfh SS.org Regular

Is the attack knob a low cut?

5. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Was what I was wondering as well. I wondered if it was a low cut, EQ frequency, or a high mid knob.

6. shpence

shpence SS.org Regular

I kinda felt the same way with the clips. I still want it the pedal though haha. I feel like I should be able to tweak my Axe fx enough to get to where the pedal would get me. Haven't gotten there yet.

7. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Is it the circuits that cause the noise, though, or the input/output connections? In other words, is a 10 pedal chain going to have 10x the noise and signal loss as one multifunction pedal? Genuinely curious, as I don't use a gate or OD (cuz I don't find I need one with my Pittbull).

8. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

So I notice my posts got deleted, I'd be happy to answer people's questions, but I don't know if the mods will allow it. I'll follow the rules of course, just trying to answer questions if it is allowed.

mod edit: you're basically promoting your own company at this point as opposed to talking about gear you endorse so if you want to respond to posts about it etc you need to register for a Vendor account... and you also need to update your sig with the affiliation

9. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

Hey bulb. At one point you said you didnt understand where the vitriol and hate were comming from. Working with protone really put a damper on the trust with everyone. The products seemed to be a big let down. So while i dont think people shouldnt be jerks or hate on your new venture, you cant play completely clueless as to why people are sceptical.

10. vick1000

vick1000 SS.org Regular

So I guess you can't comment on any gear your are associated with. I understand not wanting the forum to become a marketing tool, but I think the mods are getting a little too twitchy here.

As for the questions about having the gate and boost in a single pedal. It was something I had been looking for, and even built, in the past. I don't use a bunch of FX, and really only wanted a boost and gate in front of my tube amps. nd I hated having to have masses of wires and cables. Suprisingly there were none save the multi-FX units, and most of the gates suck on the analog units.

The one I built had a lousy gate too, mostly because there are no decent schematics out there for good modern ones. Now that I use the AX8, and don't own a tube amp, it's a moot issue. But if i ever pick up another Triple Rectifier (love the 2ch RevG), one of these OD/Gate devices is tops on the list.

11. 7 Strings of Hate

The mods didnt say he couldnt talk, he just needs to do it from a dealer account. Seems reasonable to me.

12. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Hey dude, your points do make sense, and I completely understand why some people were unhappy with Protone.

With that said, and being fully aware of why people had bad experiences, I built Horizon Devices to completely reassure people that may have been burned in the past. This is specifically why we hired MXR to build the Precision Drive design. Their pedals are absolutely rock solid, and have always served me well, both at home and on the road. Also this way, we can personally make sure that the customer service side of things would always be handled correctly and fairly to the customer.

On top of that, we also wanted to address the "boutique" price issue, which was a touchy subject for some in the past, so we are making this available for $199 for the preorder, shipped to the US, and we are even eating a share of the cost on the international shipping to keep that low for our international customers!

Finally, despite the fact that things may not have worked out with Protone, they have worked out wonderfully with Bareknuckle, Jackson and GetGood Drums.

I am human, and I have made mistakes in the past, but I'm doing my very best to learn from them and move forward on my best foot. Hopefully this can offer you another perspective on the matter.

13. mniel8195

mniel8195 SS.org Regular

you should have a cash for clunkers program for the protone pedals!

14. narad

Ha! Yes, trade in your protone crap pedal for $100 off a precision drive!

15. 7 Strings of Hate

:yesway:

16. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

A hefty discount :)

17. NosralTserrof

NosralTserrof SS.org Regular

18. narad

Sounds great in the Ola vid. If you have an axe-fx, really I think this is pointless. If your main rig is a dual rectifier, perfect.

19. 7 Strings of Hate

Just to be fair, Ola's vids are a horrible place to look at gear demos. Ola sounds very much like himself, which is to say awesome. But even in his video where he does a handful of different amps, he still sounds like himself. I think you could give him a $20 joyo pedal and he would still sound as good as this $200 pedal. Hes an anomaly.

20. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

Even when he switched the pedal off his tone was still awesome, considering the rectifier is generally considered to be a bit "loose" without any boost.