Minnesota people?

ncfiala

Silence you bastard
Reaction score
I'm going through a really painful divorce. Having been married for so long and now being alone, I realize that I don't really have any friends. The friends I had were her friends and were couples. Anyway, I'm just looking for people in Minnesota (hopefully somewhat close by) who might want to hang out and talk music or guitars or grab a beer or whatever. I know this seems like a pretty lame and desperate way to find friends, but I just don't know what else to do.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I know there's a bunch of us in the mid-midwest, but I don't know anybody up your way.

Divorce sucks :nutkick:

Ray

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Been there bud, I feel your pain.

I know I'm not close, but if you're ever in Milwaukee shoot me a message.

michblanch

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm going through a really painful divorce. Having been married for so long and now being alone, I realize that I don't really have any friends. The friends I had were her friends and were couples. Anyway, I'm just looking for people in Minnesota (hopefully somewhat close by) who might want to hang out and talk music or guitars or grab a beer or whatever. I know this seems like a pretty lame and desperate way to find friends, but I just don't know what else to do.

That's sad about friends.

I had a friend of mines wife approach my wife and I and asked "If _____ and I got divorced who's side would you choose.?"

I sat dumbfounded. then I told her if I had to choose, it would be him over her.
I explained that I was his true friend. Not a social drinking , so called church friend. I explained what he meant to me. I laid out how he was honest and loyal and how he loved her.
I have never forgotten this. He and I are still friends , she is gone and took all of their social friends with her.
He has found someone real and true.

You have friends out there and people who love you. A lot of times your true friends get pushed aside. Reestablishing yourself and mending bridges with true friends that felt they were left behind for new ones is tough.

But they love you and it doesn't take much to pick up where you left off at.

If I were in Minnesota I'd definetly buy you a beer.

michblanch

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Do you have a PS4? If so send me a message.
There are a group of about 25 of us all over the US that play online together.
It's hilarious to listen to some of the .... that is said.
A few of the guys live in the same towns (Bahston, Chicago, Houston) and get together and hangout.

ncfiala

Silence you bastard
Reaction score
Where are you located?

I'm near St. Cloud, which is about 140 miles from Canby. I'd gladly drive two hours for some human interaction though. If you ever want to hang out let me know. I'm up for anything.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
I am in the St Paul area. sorry to hear about you troubles - hit me up!

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
I'm not in Minnesota but in Wisconsin - part of the "extended Metro area", so to speak. I'd have no problem PM'ing or things like that to shoot the breeze, but w/my kids & wife I have no time for anything social. Plus I'm not really a "social" guy to begin with. But emailing or communicating on this site - I'm all for that - it fits my schedule.

And no - it isn't lame or anything like that. I'd like to think we're all friends here & most of us don't judge people. We all have our quirks so you don't have to feel bad about reaching out. I hope some of us can B.S. with you sometime.

honxuntuy

Reaction score
There are a group of about 25 of us all over the US that play online together.
c92u9n