Midi Djent-erator

buriedoutback

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think this is ok to post here ... this is me on a midi drum pad triggering drums and djenty guitar ...

Anyways, I saw a video of a dude triggering bass guitar notes with his drum-triggers. I thought it was cool, so I figured out how to do it in Reaper with a korg midi pad.

narojo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Pretty cool. Have you looked into Sonic Pi? You can use it to generate polyrhythmic beats using a built in library. I think it's based on the Ruby programming language. I toyed with it a bit, but eventually I just decided to get an acoustic drum set.

buriedoutback

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Pretty cool. Have you looked into Sonic Pi? You can use it to generate polyrhythmic beats using a built in library. I think it's based on the Ruby programming language. I toyed with it a bit, but eventually I just decided to get an acoustic drum set.
just had a peek at sonic pi. looks interesting, if a little over my head lol

rikomaru

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Interesting concept, but it seems like it would take a crazy amount of time to make it work. Then again, I don't even know how to do most of the midi stuff.

buriedoutback

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Interesting concept, but it seems like it would take a crazy amount of time to make it work. Then again, I don't even know how to do most of the midi stuff.
didn't take too long to figure it out.
the reaper midi plugins are pretty awesome and easy to use.