Microsoft claims to take down Zeus

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Blake1970, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Blake1970

Blake1970 SS.org Regular

2. Blake1970

Blake1970 SS.org Regular

3. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Interesting. Now that they have access to some servers behind one of these botnets, maybe it make detection of other botnet servers a lot easier. Apparently the software is incredibly hard for anti-virus apps to detect because of how well it's coded, so hopefully this will give anti-fraud investigators a leg up.

4. Blake1970

Blake1970 SS.org Regular

Yeah I just thought this was interesting. I had seen something on the news about it the other day. These cyber criminals are getting pretty damn good.

5. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

You know, this bears mentioning. Can you imagine what these people would be capable of they put their efforts into doing things that were legal? The people who built these malicious programs are obviously incredibly talented programmers. It's sad that they go for the criminal payoff instead of trying to build something that could add to society.

6. Daiephir

Daiephir likes peanut butter

I understand their point though, the reward is far greater (in terms of pure profit) working with a black hat than a white one. But yeah, if only they did good.