Metallica - Hardwired... to Self-Destruct - Album 11/18/16

setsuna7

Poor Gearwhore
Reaction score
Spit Out The Bone!!!! Definitely the best track on this album.. this album is them looking back at their illustrious career,the songs on the album reflects that. It has every bit of every era.

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
I'm going to have to give it a 7/10.

The production is miles ahead of Death Magnetic, and is a well produced album. I'm really impressed with the way it sounds. There's loads of potential scattered all over the album. I think ManUnkind is a rocking tune. Spit Out the Bone is by far the strongest and so far my favorite.

Still, the only thing that really bothers me is Lars and his drumming. I also think Kirk (if he didin't) should have sat down a thought his solos through a little more. A lot of them seem like "in the moment" takes.

I hate to say it, but this one is going to have to grow on me.

extendedsolo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm with most of you on this one, early returns are good. The first single is probably the weakest of the songs that I have heard so far. Already stronger than Death Magnetic in my opinion.

Big_taco

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They still have their cringe moments but those are usually followed by a solid riff or good chorus. Even though the lyrics are a bit dopey, James sounds the best he has in years and his parts feel a lot more thought out. Also, a lot of the songs sound closer to beefier Load/Reload tracks which isn't really a bad thing here, at least not imo.

Its still dad rock but they are in their 50's. It's a stronger offering than Death Magnetic and has the production value I'd expect from Metallica.

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
Compared with Death Magnetic, thoughts?

I think the sound quality is miles ahead of Death Magnetic, but I think Death Magnetic had better writing and Kirk's solos were undeniably better on Death Magnetic.

I'm sure it will grow on me.

big_aug

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Spit out the bone is a serious ....ing closer. Damn man. Finishes up the album so well after a full listen. Bringing it.

Majkel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The last 1/3 of Am I Savage? (~3:50 onwards) is probably my favorite part of the album right now. That riff that kicks in at 4:13 is just evil as .....

Even the solo works!

big_aug

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I preordered on Amazon with Prime to get release day delivery. They just emailed me saying it wont be sent until 11/28/2016. ....ing bastards. Im going to have to go buy it. $9.99 for the deluxe was a good price too =/

extendedsolo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I preordered on Amazon with Prime to get release day delivery. They just emailed me saying it wont be sent until 11/28/2016. ....ing bastards. Im going to have to go buy it. $9.99 for the deluxe was a good price too =/

There's no autorip to your amazon music account?

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
I'm listening on prime..they have whole album for free, will grab hard copy soon.

Because this album smokes!! So much better than I anticipated, even from first 3 singles. Riffs, vocals, melody, even solos.....great metal record.

Rock4ever

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Did Kirk play the leads/solos in the Ronnie Rising Medley? When a Blind Man Cries? The solo sounds like Kirk, but the lead towards the beginning does not.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Same here. Was wondering why my album didn't ship, so that's a slap in the face.

I'm glad I got the limited edition with Autorip as well, but ...., I really wanted the physical version.

big_aug

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Same here. Was wondering why my album didn't ship, so that's a slap in the face.

I'm glad I got the limited edition with Autorip as well, but ...., I really wanted the physical version.

Me too. I emailed them and they said basically "Sorry, we didn't get them in stock." .... that. I'm chatting tonight. I pay for Prime and that .... said free release day delivery. Pretty sure that's a guarantee with Prime. I'm not letting them off easy.

Edit: Eh forget it. I just downloaded the zip file from autorip and canceled the order. Ill get it at best buy.

potatohead

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I didn't order from Amazon because I think release day shipping is lame, it should be release day delivery.