Metallica - Hardwired... to Self-Destruct - Album 11/18/16

Fraz666

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like it.
a bit of Deat Magnetic riffing with a bit of Reload melodies, (but) with a good sound and some good ideas.
I think this sound fits their age, it isn't a simple revival

My limited edition copy is flying over the Atlantic, fly safe my dear

(I didn't found a supermegathread about them or about this album, am I wrong?)

djohns74

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Agreed, I like the sound a lot and the writing in general seems much more inspired and diverse than on Death Magnetic. Some fans are trying to compare parts of it to their classic 80s albums, which I just think is absurd. Instead, I think it sounds exactly like it should given what stage they're at in their careers and possibly even a bit better than I could have realistically expected. Biggest bonus is probably that the production is very strong and it's been more than 15 years since you could comfortably say that about a Metallica record.

big_aug

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
All the people talking about the leaked copy has raised my type level to max.

WolleK

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yep, sounds like Death magnetic ( more like the EP ´´beyond magnetic´´) mixed with some Load-/Reload moments, especially Kirk solo style remind me of the Reload- Era, some of the riffing could be straight from the Load album.

Its a good album, but its not the album of the year... hey, but we wait 8 years for a new album and as a hardcore metallica fan i nearly starved for new material, so i am fine with it.

big_aug

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yep, sounds like Death magnetic ( more like the EP ´´beyond magnetic´´) mixed with some Load-/Reload moments, especially Kirk solo style remind me of the Reload- Era, some of the riffing could be straight from the Load album.

Its a good album, but its not the album of the year... hey, but we wait 8 years for a new album and as a hardcore metallica fan i nearly starved for new material.

Clearly not THAT hardcore:cool::lol:

fps

Kit
Reaction score
I'm very excited. I really liked Death Magnetic.

Doug N

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like it.
a bit of Deat Magnetic riffing with a bit of Reload melodies, (but) with a good sound and some good ideas.
I think this sound fits their age, it isn't a simple revival

My limited edition copy is flying over the Atlantic, fly safe my dear

(I didn't found a supermegathread about them or about this album, am I wrong?)

Kinda, not a supermegathread though http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=316550

caspian

wanderer
Reaction score
Man I quite enjoyed it, but you certainly could've trimmed it down by a song or two.

Disc two is certainly weaker than disc one, but it sounds way better if you just put disc 2 on by itself, instead of when you're already a bit oversaturated by disc one.

Most of the songs do go on a bit long. Metallica haven't written a concise outro since, I dunno, Dyer's Eve or something.

James sounds amazing and I think he had a lot of fun on this album.

Kirk, meanwhile.. QUite a shame. I thought he was fantastic on Death Magnetic. This time it's a bunch of Load-lite solos that I'm pretty sure I could make up myself.

Overall though there's a lot of songs I really liked- pretty much all of them except for maybe revenge/murder one- and perhaps four or so that I'll still be playing regularly in ten years' time. 8/10.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
Waiting eagerly this release, but I allowed myself to listen to "spit out the bone" as a spoiler.

James owns, so does Robert, glad to see he could show at least some chops. Kirk seems uninspired in the solo so far I can hear, and Lars once again misses on so many good oppotunities in regards to drum fills and creativity. Surprised he actually did a straight double bass run though on more than one song! The bit before the final solo could easily have been scrapped.

Still prefer Moth, but it's good. It's not going to be a groundbreaking release, but it's a step in the right direction.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Waiting for my deluxe edition too. Just a couple more days and it'll be in my mailbox, so can't be bothered listening to leaked versions with crappy sound quality. I've got plenty of other stuff to listen to while I wait anyway :)

StrmRidr

Hide your Jacksons
Reaction score
Confusion is also up on their website now. All videos will be available there so it probably is the best place to look.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score

Latest posts