Meshuggah Megamushthread!! - New Album 3/27/12

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Wingchunwarrior, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Silence2-38554

Silence2-38554 Mobius Guitars

I got to catch them when they came through SF a few weeks ago. I've been going to metal / hardcore shows for nearly 20 years & that was the most metal fucking show I've ever seen / heard in my life, in the best way possible. Flawless musicianship, mind blowing light show, etc. 10/10 will see them every time I have the opportunity from now on.

Eptaceros likes this.
  2. mikernaut

mikernaut pixel pusher

I was randomly listening to Mick Gordon's Wolfenstein music and and was like" wait a minute.. This sounds very Meshuggah influenced" :)

Sorry if old news, I hadn't heard it before and thought it was a rather neat collab.

Also alt version , which has a quite cool, diff groove/vibe

3. BusinessMan

BusinessMan SS.org Regular

I've been listening to meshuggah since 2009ish ever since I heard dancers to a discordant system come up on pandora (which is by far my favorite song) I would love to see meshuggah in person but they never come through NM. From the live recordings I've seen and heard I can tell they crush live.

4. Triple7

Triple7 The Decepticon

They do indeed crush live. My wife isn't a fan when listening to their albums...but won't pass up an opportunity to see them live. We have seen them 3 times now, and she holds them as one of the best live shows she's ever seen.

5. fps

fps Kit

So, been listening to them since about 2000 and bought Nothing before it was technically released in Britain. The old mix of Nothing (yellow) remains my favourite record by them. It's so organic, endless and edgeless universe, a real loneliness in a desert vibe. I've been really enjoying the last couple of records, and their live show genuinely floored me. They just played, with an incredible light show, and being there and feeling that it was just extraordinary. It was on the anniversary tour a couple years back, they played pretty much everything I wanted to hear.

IGC likes this.
  6. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

Not sure if anyone follows the channel but Johan Segeborn has revealed himself to be a friend of Fredrik Thordendal. His last few videos have been demoing lots of Fredrik's vintage guitar collection, and the videos were shot in Fredrik's studio that "he built to record his upcoming solo album". The collection of guitars and wall of different amps behind him is immense.

The music is obviously far-removed from Meshuggah but the studio and gear is impressive.

7. IGC

IGC SS.org Regular

Yeah, still have my yellow Nothing album cover authentic concert t-shirt from when I saw them at Peabodys in Cleveland Ohio in like 07 I think. That show blew my mind like nothing I had ever heard or seen before live. It was a small enough place that you could get right up close to the stage if you got thru the mosh pit. But still from bar to stage like 20 steps away. I think they were using the Line Six Vettas and Nevborns...was so cool!

8. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time

Per posted this on his youtube......:djent:

9. eggy in a bready

eggy in a bready SS.org Regular

meshuggah is the absolute best shit to slap in the car with.

3:29 = you're driving head-on into a minivan containing a family of five

4:38 = first responders survey the aftermath of corpses mangled in the fiery wreckage

10. JEngelking

JEngelking Gravity is Shifting!

God damn that was cool. :metal:

11. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Just saw this; kind of funny

12. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Just saw this; kind of funny

13. isispelican

isispelican SS.org Regular

nice new interview with santa claus