Mesa JP2C settings

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Flick, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Flick

Flick SS.org Regular

What settings are you using on the JP2C. I find myself bouncing back and forth with the shred setting. Also moving the mid control around a bit.

2. MASS DEFECT

MASS DEFECT SS.ORG Infiltrator

What guitar and pickups are you using? And for what genre of music?

I turn off shred when im playing loud like master vol on 4. The amp just gets tighter and sounds more aggressive when you turn her up. So I dont need the addtl treble shred imparts. I does kill a lot of bass too so it may or may not work depending on your guitar or music.

3. Flick

Flick SS.org Regular

For the tight metal sound, I’m running channel 2. Gain pushed at 2 o’clock, Master volume at noon. Presence pushed at 11 o’clock. Treble at 1 o clock, mid at 12 o’clock, bass at 8 o’clock. 80hz at 3/4 full, 250 flat, 750 at 1/8 full, 2200 just above flat, 6600 a hair above the 2200 slider. Shred off. This is through a vertical Mesa 2x12. About to buy either a trad or OS 4x12 to add the bottom end.

4. Flick

Flick SS.org Regular

Also, using km6 mkiii and km7 mkii.

5. MASS DEFECT

You are running your presence a bit low. I use mine 1oclock pulled or 230 pushed. And I get modern death metal tones. Gives me that string clarity and aggression. I'll snap a photo of my settings when I get home.

6. VictimsOfDeception

VictimsOfDeception SS.org Regular

My basic rhythm sound is also on channel 2. I have the gain pushed just below 3:00, master around 10:30, and presence pulled at 11:00. Treble is usually around 2:00 (lower if I'm using shred mode), mids at 11:00 - noon, and the bass either at 7:00 or off completely (maybe around 9:30 if shred is on). On the EQ I've got the 80 HZ just above the middle line, the 250 about 2/3rds of the way up, the 750 about 1/3rd of the way up, the 2200 in the same spot as the 750, and the 6600 in the same spot as the 80 HZ. I'm playing a Jackson Kelly with a Duncan JB in the bridge, and the amp is going through a 4x12 Rectifier cabinet.

I'm not finding the sound to be as outrageously mid-heavy as those settings on a Mark amp generally would be. Just very nice and tight, with plenty of top-end aggression and what I once saw described as a "barking" upper mid attack.

7. MASS DEFECT

Here are my setting. I run fluence moderns through a v30 loaded peavey 4x12. Like I said I run my presence pretty high. Pulled most of the time at 1-2oclock. Treble to taste, depends in the room im in. Mids at 9oclock to keep the nasal mids in control and bass depends on your guitar and how loose you want to sound. But i always hover around 9- 11 oclock. The pickups are plenty tight so i can run my bass a bit higher. Gain is pulled on ch 2. Pushed on ch3.

66716439_10215620804698610_1407714675595935744_o.jpg

EQ settings are basic petrucci settings. I raise the middle slider and the far right one depending on how i want to pummel and upstage my drummer and the other guitarist in the band.

Here is how it sounds: