Megaman 9, eh?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by DDDorian, Jun 30, 2008.

1. ibznorange

ibznorange Chief Officer/RHLC © Contributor

apparently i OWN megaman 8 :lol:
    who knew? :lol:

2. DDDorian

DDDorian Mantis Toboggan, M.D Super Moderator

Heh, have fun listening to "SLIDE! SLIDE! SLIDE!" ad nausem. It's not quite "CHARLOTTE!" "JONATHAN!" but it's close:lol:

Anyway, not only does this have that cheesy-as-hell cover art but it's also getting an energy drink. I just know it'd be horrid but I can help but want to buy approximately nineteen cases of the stuff.

3. daybean

daybean ... Contributor

i dont think you can give that guy much credit and a source to buy the game.

4. Josh Lawson

Josh Lawson Banned

I can't remember playing Megaman because the Graphix on my coffee table always used to put me in a chronic haze!

5. DDDorian

*BUMP* - MM9 is released in North America in a few days! Wiiware gets it on the 22nd, PSN Store gets it on the 25th and XBLA gets it on the first of October. Japanese Wiiware gets it on the 24th, and PAL regions don't have a date, but for Wii at least I suspect it'bb be released this coming Friday (26th). Tons of info has been released, such as:

*Game includes time trials, online leaderboards, secret levels, and a store similar to the one in MM7 that lets you buy items with bolts collected from dead robots
    *Every version of the game has fifty in-game achievements, so no-one misses out in that regard
    *The game will include DLC, both paid and unpaid - the first DLC comes on October 12 and lets you buy Protoman, who has the slide, the Mega Buster and the Proto Shield, but gets knocked back twice as far when hit - he'll cost 200 Wii Points, $1.99 on the PSN Store and (I think?) 180 Microsoft dollars or whatever they are
    *The soundtrack was released on CD and is all over youtube, in case it matters

Psyched. Think I'll take MM2 for a spin right now.

6. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

7. DDDorian

^^That's going on sale in limited numbers soon. The MM9 shirts are already on sale at the Capcom store, although I couldn't wear one even ironically:lol:

This game is everything the NES Megaman games were and more. It's about Megaman 2 length with Megaman 3 difficulty; the DLC is going to include hard and super-hard difficulties in the future, as well as two extra levels, so there's plenty of challenge there for the truly hardcore. Time attack modes are fun, although I'll never come close to making the leaderboard, and the 50 achievements add a ton of replay value (360 owners, only 12 of these actually give points, from what I've heard). If you dig the NES Megaman games or 8-bit platforming in general you'll be all over this shit. BUY.

sami likes this.
  8. Alpo

Alpo ... Contributor

I forgot this was coming out this week! I just bought Wipeout HD, so I'll stick with the demo for a while.

9. sami

sami porkshop sammiches

haha DDDorian, love your Phantasy Star 2 avatar!!

:yesway: :yesway: :yesway:

10. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass Deathly Chuuni

So who here has it/has gotten to play/try it?
    It's really good, but very hard/aggrevating (but in a good way though).

11. klutvott

klutvott SS.org Regular

I have it. I played it for 30 minutes and gave up. It's really hard. And when you die you have to start the level all over again! Just like every other old, crappy game! I almost started to cry but then i said "FUCK YOU MEGAMAN!" and turned it off. Haven't played it since.

12. TomAwesome

TomAwesome I LIKE JUICE!!!

I got the demo, and it's actually kind of fun! It was frustrating at first, but it didn't take too long to get the hang of it. I might get it. I'd still rather see a new X game resembling one of the first three MMX games, though. Part of the initial frustration with 9 was not being able to dash.

13. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL SS.org Regular

Haha me and my roommate had a performance last week at our school at lunch.. every wednesday they pick two bands to play 20 minutes each in the lobby of the school.. well.. We played a set, and one of the songs was "Tornadoman" =] Hahah we owned it! Sax, Guitar doubling melody lines, with a drummer/bassist backing us up, It was really amazing.

Hes got MM9 but im waiting for him to beat it then Im gonna play thru it, since I dont have a wii of my own. It looks neat tho

14. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

I've been playing it. Galaxy Man was a huge chump I beat that whole fight without even getting hit.. but I haven't been able to reach any other bosses yet :lol:

15. DDDorian

I think Tornado Man's song is my favourite MM song every, I really dig that one. Nice choice:yesway:

Yeah, Galaxy Man is a total pushover. I recommend Splash Woman's stage next as the level itself is really easy and Splash Woman herself is pretty simple with just the regular weapon. After that everything else is similar in terms of difficulty, but Galaxy Man's weapon is super-effective against
    Jewel Man
    and Splash Woman's against
    Concrete Man
    if that helps.

Has anyone else bought the first lot of DLC? Protoman has his ups and downs but Endless Mode is awesome, just a pity I'm never gonna come even close to making the leaderboards.

16. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

I'm still trying to progress in the normal levels. Endless? jesus :lol:

17. DDDorian

I know, I still haven't beat Wily Castle, but to be fair I reset every time I die as I'm going for the no deaths achievement, and you have to start the castle from the very beginning every time, argh.

You'll be glad to know that you can now download Hard and Super Hard modes (for Wii anyway, 360 gets em in a few days) in case the game wasn't sadistic enough:lol: There's also a new stage for download, complete with a (sorta) new Robot Master. Sweet.