Marketplace help for a dumb canadian

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by Gmork, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

Is there a way to filter what the marketplace shows me? Im canadian so 90% of the stuff shown will not ship here. Itd sure be nice to only see those that are willing to ship internationally.

Thanks.

2. Viginez

Viginez SS.org Regular

you can set those filters on reverb.com
    bottom of site, on the left

3. TheKindred

TheKindred TimeTravel Innovator

try PMing whoever is doing the selling. Most just think it's a hassle to ship from US to Canada or whatever and have never actually looked into it. Over the years i've bought a large chunk of gear from US and Europe from people that said "no international" and after chatting with them, they checked the postage and were fine to send it up to me.

AirForbes1, Gmork and jc986 like this.
  4. jc986

jc986 Tone Enthusiast Contributor

Agreed. Especially for US sellers, shipping to Canada has been no trouble for me at all.

Gmork likes this.
  5. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

The only problem I've ever had has been with Canadian buyers getting worked up by having to pay duty/taxes/customs.

As long as they explicitly state they're cool with all that, regardless of the total, I'll ship up north.

Customs can be a total crapshoot, so I rather deal with folks who are more experienced with international shipping.

Not trying to scare anyone off. I've shipped all over and continue to do so.

6. erdiablo666

erdiablo666 Do not go Djently

My advice: Have a chat with the seller to see if they're willing to ship to you, and be prepared to pay import duties. These are the responsibility of the person importing, and have nothing to do with the seller. Wherever possible use USPS to avoid exhorbitant "brokerage fees".

Gmork likes this.
  7. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

Well yall dont say lol, ive aalways just ignored any that said "no international"
    As a total and complete gear hound im sadly all too familiar with the import tax etc and over the years have just expected it when my item shows up like... Siiighhh ok mr or mrs mailman whats the damage lol

8. TheKindred

TheKindred TimeTravel Innovator

i would avoid UPS whenever possible when coming from the US unless you're willing to self-broker. UPS consistently and reliably has overcharged me every single time. USPS does fine and FedEx just seems like they roll the dice whether they're going to charge you or not (but even when they do, it's always way less than UPS).

Gmork likes this.