Man, my tortoise died.

wretchedspawn

Conquering theThrone
Reaction score
He was a Golden Greek tortoise named Donkineses but I called him Cpt. Turtle. I only had him for just over a year. He was supposed to live for roughly 50. I checked on him when I got up and noticed he wasn't real attentive and didn't come to me as usual. He also looked dull compared to his usual colors. My girlfreind and I made plans to take him to the vet tomorrow(well today as it is now 4 something here) but he didn't even make it the whole day. Man, this is a shitty feeling. I don't even know what happened to him.

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
Im sorry man :(. If you plan on getting another one, have him checked out to make sure it wasn't anything that could've been prevented.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
that sucks man :(
i've had 2 turtles die on me, one randomly like that, and one cause the neighbors dog got in the yard and well, baby tortoise shells dont do much against rottie jaws.
if you get a new one, get it checked out. thats wierd how that happens

wretchedspawn

Conquering theThrone
Reaction score
I don't plan on getting any more pets anytime soon but I used to have an iguana that was pretty badass in his later years. I think whenever I do decide to make another friend I would like some kind of lizard that would stick around for many years. It sucks having pets that have real short lifespans. You get attached and they are gone way too soon.