MAKE OPETH FIX MY CAPSLOCK KEY

movingpictures

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow...the keyboard intro is messed up... Plus its massively compressed... The heavy part rocks hard... I like it

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
It's definitely not Blackwater Park-era Opeth, but...............

giphy.gif

*I also like Widespread Panic

Double A

Subhuman
Reaction score
I said it before. The guitars sound ....ing terribad. If this is close to what the actual album sounds like then the whole thing sounds terribad. It is a definite step up from the last two albums musically (but just barely) but I just have no idea what the .... they are doing making everything sound like .....

bhakan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The quality is atrocious, but I actually really like it. It's definitely very influenced by the whole 70s prog sound, but it's actually expanding on that sound some instead of just imitating it.

TheStig1214

Mr. Tophat Jones
Reaction score
Given what the last two Opeth albums sounded like, this doesn't surprise me one bit, and Pale Communion is actually my favorite Opeth album.

Definitely sounds like they are getting some of their heavy sound back though, which is always welcome. In fact, this sounds a lot like Ghost to me. :y:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Reaction score
Not for me, that's for sure. Mikael's singing voice does sound great, though.

mgh

Betwixt and Between
Reaction score
Since when are Opeth 'goth'???
what i thought. if you're going to slag a band as an OP at least have some semblance of wtf you're doing.
they were a death/black metalband. then they were a death/prog band.now they're a prog/metal band

and i bought Orchid when it came out in 95

Double A

Subhuman
Reaction score
what i thought. if you're going to slag a band as an OP at least have some semblance of wtf you're doing.
they were a death/black metalband. then they were a death/prog band.now they're a prog/metal band

and i bought Orchid when it came out in 95
WHOA! Look at the expert? Fan since day one!

DXL

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The mix makes the song painful to listen to, like I imagine it's a good song, but I just can't tell with the way the mix is.