Mad GAS for a graduation gift to myself. EBMM or Strandberg

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Eden, Oct 17, 2019.

Which guitar should I get?

1. Strandberg Boden Prog

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  2. Musicman Majesty

53 vote(s)
    84.1%
  1. Eden

Eden SS.org Regular

Hey all, I'll be graduating this semester and was wanting to get myself a nice gift for the years of work. I'm setting my eyes on something different and originally I was GAS'ing for an ebmm majesty as it's one of those guitars that always blows my mind when I play it in store, but I recently have been tempted towards strandberg guitars the more that I see them online, plus they seem to be much more affordable (haha) but I've never seen one in stores so I can't try them out. Does anyone have experience with the boden model? or even better, experience with both enough to weigh in on which would be a better purchase?

mlp187 likes this.
  2. Bdtunn

Bdtunn SS.org Regular

I had a Boden for a while and it was pretty good. But the price on those is pretty high now for what they are. Personally I’d go majesty alllll day. You can find some used ones or sale coupons around for some killer deals!!!

3. Eden

Eden SS.org Regular

If I could find a monarch with that imperial blue at a good enough price... *sigh* man oh man

4. Spicypickles

Spicypickles Sweeps & Mops

Search guitar centers used section and have one sent local, they usually have some pretty good deals

USMarine75, Masoo2 and mlp187 like this.
  5. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

still amuses me that and Indo guitar price can compete with an EBMM, I know the country of origin shouldnt dictate the final price, but those Stranbergs are getting far too overpriced. The basses are more expensive than any bass from the EBMM range, more than an Ibanez prestige and more than any Spector. Honestly thats a joke on how highpriced they are, specially coming form Indo

guitars are a liiiiitle bit beter priced, but still in the same range than a Jap ESP and USA Schecter and some EBMM, also Ibanez prestige and bit lower than a Jcustom. MAjestys are still more expensive tho

if it was me I would go for a Majesty. Not because the quality, but because Im a huge DT fan and I would GAS forever and ever till the day I get my hands on one ahhaha

6. Soya

Soya Poor person

My personal experience only obviously, but I had a Boden OS7 for about a year, then sold it for a 7 string EBMM Majesty. The Majesty made the Boden feel like a cheap First Act guitar, quite a few issues with the Boden and the Majesty was perfect in every way.

7. mlp187

mlp187 Burrito Master Contributor

I love my Majesties. Can't say enough good things about them.
    Haven't played a strandberg recently, so my opinion carries inherent bias.

What are you studying? Congrats to you!!!

Eden likes this.
  8. littlebadboy

littlebadboy SS.org Regular

College(?) is tough! You deserve both!

Eden likes this.
  9. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

I have had two strandbergs, still have one. I also have a majesty. The majesty is a much nicer guitar but the strandbergs have unique features that might be worth it to you. The strandberg that I don’t have anymore was a newer one and the one I will never get rid of is a first year os7 that is the most comfortable 7 I have ever played.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  10. Richter

Richter SS.org Regular

I have both and I'm selling the majesty

11. Jake

Jake GAS Master

I had both and I sold the Strandberg. My Majesty might be my favorite guitar right now, it's probably tied with my JBM100

12. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Having played both multiple times and have owned a few Music Man guitars, I'd take the Majesty any day over the strandberg. The strandbergs are pretty nice for Indo made, but there is no way in hell they are worth the crazy price they ask. As for Music Man, they are absolutely worth the price. I just recently acquired a JP16 and it's absolutely a dream to play.

13. dhgrind

dhgrind SS.org Regular

Played a couple majesty’s and aside from not being my aesthetic at all they were fine instruments with a ton of versatility.

14. noise in my mind

noise in my mind SS.org Regular

I have a polar noir majesty and it rules. Really the ultimate studio guitar.

15. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Chronic GAS

at the price point both go for new, I'd go ebmm. I'm not a fan of most of their guitars aesthetics wise but they make damn good guitars. strandberg is pretty hit or miss quality wise ime and 2k usd for an indo guitar is absurd

USMarine75 likes this.
  16. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

Just buy a used Strandberg Indo classic for 1300. And a used majesty for 1800.

Call it a day.

StevenC likes this.
  17. bzhang9

bzhang9 SS.org Regular

ebmm is a good deal new when they blow out old models for like 2k, used they are overpriced and hard to find under 2k

strandberg is overpriced new and used period, too many fanboys buying them up

18. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

He gets it.

USMarine75 and Eden like this.
  19. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

ya man fuck those people buying a guitar they like and enjoy.

Eden, technomancer, cwhitey2 and 3 others like this.
  20. metalstrike

metalstrike Thrash!

EBMM by far. The only Strandberg I bought was an 8 string Boden made at WMI in Korea and it was bad for being $1800. The worst thing was that the neck seemed to either be badly glued together at the stripes or it was some kind of crack. The tuners would also rip a layer of skin off every time you tried to turn them. The resonance was non existent. Needless to say it was returned during the trial period. I can’t speak for the Japanese or the Swedish CS stuff as I’m sure it’s better but I’d never think of even touching an Indo made one. The MIK Boden should have been priced at $1100-$1200.