M.O.L.D. work in progress, industrial thrash

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Cancer, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Cancer

Cancer Cancer:The Crucifuct

2. Cancer

Cancer Cancer:The Crucifuct

3. BMU

BMU SS.org Regular

No djent, no comments. Sigh.

I like the idea. The best thing is the track has enough movement and changes to keep my attention, good work on that.

Production needs a little work, some short (obviously subjective) points.

- Production seems messy in the upper registers. A lot of things overlap in the "sshh" range making it hard to hear what's going on.
    - :37 (and later) leads need to come up, drowned by vocals. Leads are nice, but lack punch.
    - The industrial scratch noises - like the idea, but those specific sounds are pretty grating. (Nails on chalkboard...) I know this is what you're going for, but you might wanna look for less outright aurally painful 'disturbing' sounds. Something with a little oscillation in it, not just stright "SKREEEEEE!!!" if you know what I mean.
    - 3:37 nice riff. But lacks punch. Kinda is just 'there' instead of in yer face. Maybe the old trick of a broad EQ boost (2-3dB) from 2000 - 4000 Hz on the rhythm guits will help? Or bring up the guitar level?
    - I like the electronic sounds that follow.

Ok, maybe that helps, maybe it doesn't. If you find any use in these comments, please return the favour, head over to this link and tell me what you think (another non-djent piece struggling to garner much attention over here! :) )

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/recording-studio/142090-thraeol-reflect-resurge.html