Lyricist for a concept album

Discussion in 'Musician Classifieds' started by hl8135, Aug 4, 2016.

1. hl8135

hl8135 SS.org Regular

Looking for someone to write lyrics for a forty minute, one track concept album. The artwork, title and concept is ready, just need the words. Anyone?

2. Sonic Anomaly

Sonic Anomaly Sound or Music?

What's the concept/key themes of the track?

3. hl8135

hl8135 SS.org Regular

The album is called "The Entity". The idea is that if a voice in your head takes a mind of its own, and if you let it take control, will it manifest?

4. Rizzo

Rizzo SS.org Regular

I admit I've never wrote any lyrics if not for once, so I can't say I'm proficient.
    Apart from lyrics per se, I generally enjoy writing though.

It's a tough task, but I'm intrigued by the concept and if you wish I could at least try, as an exercise if anything.

If you're ok with me trying, I'd be glad.
    If you require more skills from the get-go, then feel free to pass on. I'm just being honest :)

5. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

Sounds like a neat project- some questions to better establish the kind of work needed: Is there any music available that would inform the tone/atmosphere of the material (like dark/sinister, psychedelic, creepy)? Are there going to be fixed motifs or melodies in the music that might be complemented by repeated lyrical themes? How will the vocals be delivered- will they be sung and require more 'meter-conscious' lyrics or growled where there can be a little bit more liberty with meter?

6. hl8135

hl8135 SS.org Regular

All the music is done, except for a few solo parts, so the music can be provided to whoever interested in giving it a go. Vocals will be both growled, and sung with a clean voice, and also some black metal screaming.
    I know just where I want vocals on it, and that's pretty much it. I can provide time markers where there's gonna be vocals, otherwise the lyricist is free to experiment with meter, just as long as it fits and makes a good story as a whole.

7. TheDrumEquation

TheDrumEquation SS.org Regular

Writing lyrics and doing the vocals?

8. hl8135

hl8135 SS.org Regular

Yes