Lundgren m7 or liquifire 7 on neck?

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by arianabavand, Jul 7, 2014.

1. arianabavand

arianabavand New Member

hey guys,I have shcecter jeff loomis 7 string with floyd rose.the body is ash btw.so I have decided to put a lundgren m7 for bridge,and I can`t decide for the neck,m7 neck,or dimarzio liquifire 7?! if I put liquifire in the neck,and m7 in bridge,does it sound good?does these two make a good combination?

2. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
    I have an M7 in the bridge of my rg2127x, and tried pairing it with a bareknuckle, air norton and a fair few other pickups, but when I finally put an M7 neck in it, well, i found the ideal combination.

It's an awesome neck pickup, and matches the bridge really well. I'd go with the M7 neck.

3. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

Just to add, all the other pickups i tried in the neck just didn't seem to fit or balance very well with the M7 bridge. The M7 is a cool pickup, it has punch, and has a lovely feel for soloing and good cut. Recommended

4. arianabavand

arianabavand New Member

thanks for your help my friend :)

5. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

No worries :)

6. asher

asher So Did We

I'm running the M7 set in my 1527 and I absolutely agree with 7DT.

7. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

I've had both the LF and the M7 in the same guitar and they're both good for leads/soloing.

I feel that the Liquifire has a bit better cleans in humbucker/series wiring, but the M7 works better for parallel/split sounds on clean tones since it inherently has more punch and is brighter and more hi-fi sounding like a true single coil. That's not to say that the M7 in series is bad on cleans or the LF is bad for splitting/parallel, though.

It really comes down to taste, but I think 7DT got it right when he said the M7 neck pairs the best with the M7 bridge as far as balance :yesway: