Lundgren black heaven 8?

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by teamSKDM, Jan 13, 2019.

1. teamSKDM

teamSKDM SS.org Regular

scrolling along the lundgren website i see they describe the black heavens as a more organic sounding m8? Has anyone compared them to the m8 and do they still maintain the low end aggression and clarity? What are your overall experience with them?

2. teamSKDM

teamSKDM SS.org Regular

yikes 133 views no experiences?

3. Bearitone

Bearitone SS.org Regular

I think they just came out recently. Given that fact plus the price tag i doubt many have tried it yet.

I play music likes this.
  4. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

I have the seven string Black Heaven (in a Mayones Setius) and an M7 (in a Schecter Avenger).

This may or may not be useful for you, but I posted my thoughts at the end of this thread when I got it, and my experience hasn’t changed:
    http://www.sevenstring.org/threads/lundgren-black-heaven.330718/page-2

In short, yes it maintains the aggression and clarity the M7 has, though definitive comparisons about how the two pickups compare is difficult, as I haven’t tried both in the same guitar.

My Mayones and Schecter are both Mahogany and both the same scale length, but they are both quite different sounding guitars, so it’s hard to say how much comes down to the pickup.

I was planning at some point to get an M8 for my RG8, but at this point I would get a Black Heaven instead. Only reason I haven’t done it yet is that it’s fairly low-priority for me as I’m primarily a 7-string player.

BigViolin likes this.