derp666

Reaction score
Hey guys im new here and im after some advice with picking some new pick ups.

Im using a 1998 Ibanez RG 7620 with a basswood body, DiMarzio Blaze pickups, Blocked Lo Pro Edge tremolo.
The tuning that my band is playing is F,A#,F,A#,D#,G,C, we are using .13/.80 strings.

I currently have stock DiMarzio Blaze pups installed and im looking to replace them with something more powerful as the DiMarzios are not capturing the full sound of the low F. My bands writing style and guitar tone can be described as progressive, death, djent, metal and were looking for the right gear to suite it. At the moment i have been hearing allot of good things about the Bareknuckle Aftermaths, Though id like to hear some more options. any help would be dope, thanks.

BabUShka

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thats some frekin heavy tunings man.. Kuddos! You should consider getting a 8-string guitar, ie. Ibanez RG2228 :p
Aftermaths and Dimarzio LF are like.. The standards around here.

sell2792

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The stock pickups aren't Blazes... They're New 7's.

DiMarzio CL/LF perhaps, or if your willing to spend more you can get into BKPs. Whats your budget?

derp666

Reaction score
Thats some frekin heavy tunings man.. Kuddos! You should consider getting a 8-string guitar, ie. Ibanez RG2228 :p
Aftermaths and Dimarzio LF are like.. The standards around here.

@BabUshk, Thanks man. if your into that sorta stuff cheek out my band page on FB KONTACT | Facebook, just a rough PrePro track up right now, without 7 too but give you a idea anyway.

derp666

Reaction score
The stock pickups aren't Blazes... They're New 7's.

DiMarzio CL/LF perhaps, or if your willing to spend more you can get into BKPs. Whats your budget?

I have no budget, im after top of the range, A class gear at the moment. Hurts the wallet but can't compromise on sound! As i posted in my initial post i have been shown the Aftermaths but I want to hear some more opinions, thanks anyway mate!:metal:

Go To Bed Jessica

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Shoot this bloke an email and tell him what you're after:

Brierley Guitar Pickups Home Page

His pickups are stunning - I have them in two of my guitars already and plan to eventually have them in all of my guitars. He will custom wind pickups for you and is happy to try again if he doesn't get it right the first time.

I had him do some custom humbuckers for an S series Ibanez a few years ago - I emailed him explaining how the guitar sounded acoustically and what I was shooting for with the new pickups. He NAILED the sound I was thinking of and the pickups sounded better than I imagined possible.

Drop him a line - the man is a friggin' genius.

Darkstar124

Strongman
Reaction score
I empathize playing 7's in 8ish tuning. 8's are too wide for me to deal with, I love my 7420 neck. I really like the X2N7 for lowjams, but lots of folks like the Crunchlab liquifire combo for that kinda tone...but I'd say be your own man. Get funky.

LACE ALUMITONE BASS BARRRR

rectifryer

Banned
Reaction score
I tune the same with an x2n7 and it completely dissolved any need to go to another pickup. Its a clear and solid pickup, its not as hot as most of the BKP line contrary to what people say.