Lotus Thief

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by 8stringpsyche, Jan 25, 2020.

1. 8stringpsyche

8stringpsyche SS.org Regular

Hiyo,

I tracked distorted rhythm guitars on my friend Beth's (i.e. "Bezaelith") new Lotus Thief album "Oresteia" mostly using a Kiesel Crescent, but I *did* manage to squeeze in a little extended range action with my KVM8! You can hear it in this track in the part beginning @ 3:36 (not that the whole tune isn't worth a listen, nor the album itself ;))

watson503 and Hollowway like this.
  2. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Nice! I dig that tune, and the guitars sound good. I’m on my phone now, but I’ll give it a listen on a proper set up later.

8stringpsyche likes this.
  3. Triple7

Triple7 The Decepticon

Small world! I had no idea any Lotus Thief members were on here. Beth and I are in a band as well. Has she mentioned her new project Inherus?

Anyway, the new album sounds killer. Great work!

cwhitey2 and 8stringpsyche like this.
  4. 8stringpsyche

8stringpsyche SS.org Regular

Nice to meet your acquaintance! 'tis I - Romthulus - slayer of the guitar... :p Of course she has - the "doom" band - don't think I heard the name tho...

It does sound killer - she did a FANTASTIC job with it! I just lended a hand (or two actually) with her distorted rhythm parts (and introduced the 8 string - that and an 8 bar solo in Libation Bearers).

I've been suggesting to her for a while to write some stuff on a 7 string. Being that this is a 7 string forum, and you play with her, I'm going to suggest that you do the same. ;)

5. Triple7

Triple7 The Decepticon

I've been trying to! Out of the 4 songs we have completed, I play a 7 on three of them, but she is still playing a 6. She tried out a 7 but wasn't feeling it.

I wouldn't label it a doom band, but sludgier than Lotus Thief I'd say.