Lots of shootings...

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I will disregard the personal insult, when I have not insulted you, or anybody on this board.

All I will say is this was clearly a mentally deranged person. Possessed by evil in his heart, with no love or compassion. Time will tell his motivations.

"And I don't roll down that rabbit hole of conspiracy theory but..."

sad-man-entrapped-in-mental-illness-surreal-abstract-concept-picture-id1269455076

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
We should all recognize that no group has a monopoly on evil or mentally ill people, but I found that video to be super cringe. Trying to say “this guy was a fake Trump supporter” falls right into the “they were antifa!” in regards to Jan 6th. These people are criminals independent of their politics.
Glades thinks Jan 6th was a hoax, though.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
J4 shooter didn’t use AR-15 as previous reports indicated. Just a Keltec Sub2000, a folding pistol-caliber carbine (9mm or 40SW).

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
It wasn’t an “assault rifle”, like the media always likes to say about the AR-15

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Great point! We need to ban or create ownership barriers for far more guns than just “assault rifles.” These repeater carbines are just as bad.
Would you like to roll any other constitutional rights in your plight to extend the power of the federal government? Maybe you’d like to repeal the 1st amendment too? The 13th maybe?

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
J4 shooter didn’t use AR-15 as previous reports indicated. Just a Keltec Sub2000, a folding pistol-caliber carbine (9mm or 40SW).

FWIW, the previous reports were reporting on the word of the police in a press conference, where the officer called it "An AR-15-style rifle."

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
So police and the military (foreign and domestic) will revert back to muskets as well?

I'm cool with advanced weaponry being deployed by military on battlefields. Call me crazy but I don't think the same weapons you bring to meet an invading russian force are the same ones that should be a permanent fixture inside US high schools.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
here is a question for you Glades and I am being serious...I will not insult or be sarcastic. I promise. Tell me WHY the 2nd amendment is soooo important to you that the daily life of mass murders is considered unfortunate but a necessary evil we should endure to preserve the "right to bear arms"? Why is that right, above all else, important?

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I am very pro 2A but I think we need qualified ownership and the types of guns to be regulated. The free for all isn’t working out very well. I grew up in a house with many guns, bolt action rifles. Now people got semi automatic like it’s no big thing to have something so dangerous for “hunting and recreation.”

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Would you like to roll any other constitutional rights in your plight to extend the power of the federal government? Maybe you’d like to repeal the 1st amendment too? The 13th maybe?
It feels trivially obvious that the freedom of speech is significantly more important a right than holding the power to end people's lives in your hands. Specifically because the only justification ever provided for the latter is impingement of the former. Fundamentally, the right to bear arms is a lesser right than freedom of speech, so don't see how your argument tracks.

As for the 13th amendment, you don't seem to care even at all about the 4th, 9th, or 14th amendment to the point where you're happy to violate them to incarcerate women into prison (read: slave) labour.

Adieu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Who gives a crap, it's a semiauto long gun with a large mag that's cheaper than eating McDonalds for a month

It also has clear paramilitary styling rather than hunting or competitive shooting aesthetics.

It's marketed at people with wet dreams about shooting lots of people.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Seriously, Glades. It was a semi-auto tactical-style long gun with 30-round mags. You really need to ask yourself why you think the distinction matters. Your thinking is extremely sloppy in general, so it's not like you have some kind of anal-retentive perfectionism regarding terminology and logic.

Your comments here wouldn't be any different if you truly believed that guns are more important than human lives. Do you not see it, or is that actually the impression you try to give folks about yourself?

Is "batshit insane" no longer considered an undesirable condition?