Lostprophets singer to stand trial for baby rape and 22 other sexual offenses...

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by spawnofthesith, Jun 12, 2013.

1. JoshuaVonFlash

JoshuaVonFlash SSBRO.org regular

^ I Don't think the baby got raped, I believe it said attempted rape and completely off topic but how do I download the SSO app for android?

2. Discoqueen

Discoqueen Dang tootin

It said they did something to the baby, 'sexual touching' or something.

Just search it on the app market thing? I think I saw an add when surfing on my phone, I can't remember.

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

3. Dethyr

Dethyr Banned

He did something sexual with the baby and also got one of the girls to perform oral sex on her kid while he watched on skype.

....... I feel filthy just typing that. Jesus....

4. JoshuaVonFlash

:scream: I've never had such a disgusting feeling from another human being.

5. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Had to close this tab after reading it. Good god.

6. JoshuaVonFlash

Like Google play? I've tried multiple times and it brings up nothing.

7. simonXsludge

simonXsludge (((Ω)))

Honestly, it is very unlikely that the band members, tour managers and crews they went through knew anything about this. And how likely is it that all of them would just cover it up if they knew?

8. Basti

Basti not much space to wr

See, it's things like this that make me despair even further for humanity. Are you serious?

9. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

If he's not, I am. What would you do? He's psychopathic, clearly, and needs to be taken out of normal society. I don't believe violence solves many problems, but I do think when one preys on the defenseless in ways like this there is a use for it. Though, I'm amenable to other death penalty methods, if you've got something else in mind.

10. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher SS.org Regular

So worrying all this attitude and all this blood lust... only a short step on to vigilante gangs and behavior, and then that creates cases such as the man who was recently beaten to death and then set on fire because two fcuk wits decided he must be a pedophile because he was taking pictures from his windows of the kids in the street..... who it turns out were constantly vandalising his garden and house because he wasn't wasn't white/english and because he was also disabled and as the police had done nothing he was taking pictures as evidence.... but as it was decided he was so obviously a pedophile by the locals 2 of them beat & kicked him to death then doused him in white spirit and burned him.... or the case of the mob few years back on a council estate who got it in their heads that a pedophile lived up the road so they all went round dragged him out of his house and beat the ever living fcuk out of him in front of his wife and kids..... turns out he was a PEDIATRICIAN

Regardless of Watkins & his co defendants crimes, which are disgusting and they deserves all the punishment the law can hand down to them, some of the comments on here I find are pretty disturbing. If you REALLY think your capable of taking another human being out chaining him up and shooting him yourself or torturing/beating or raping another person or any other of the billy big biscuit claims on here so you can punish this man and give him what he "deserves" then you need as much psychological help as Ian Watkins does, coz I wouldn't wanna spend time with someone capable of doing that to anyone.

Or is it a case more of keyboard bravado and long as its done by someone else and you don't have to be apart of it or see it and can just read about it then that's all good by you and you can sleep safe at night knowing one more pervert got fcuked up or killed? I'm ashamed of some of this thread....

BucketheadRules likes this.
  11. sted

sted Active Member

No easy answer, he's copped the plea and gets sentenced next month, even if he gets a serious sentence its hard to see him doing more than ten years inside, while inside he will be separated from any general population inmates that will do him harm, lest his human rights be infringed (We wouldn't want that) then he'll be out at the age of what? 46 maybe? Less? He's probably pretty stable financially as well, hardly seems a fitting punishment and it does stick in the craw somewhat but we must be above the animals and not one of them, no matter what we feel towards them.
    To be honest I'm more shocked by the actions of the women offering up their children to him, finding out some celebrities are child abusers is becoming an almost daily news story over here with Operation Yewtree ongoing but the actions of these two mothers is genuinely a new one on me, incomprehensible.

12. Hollowway

:facepalm: There's a difference between vigilante "mistake" justice and actual justice. You can't trot out mistakes people have made in attempting to punish someone and say that it proves that no punishment should be meted out. That's like saying that sometimes innocent people are sent to prison, so we shouldn't convict anyone.

Do you have a baby at home? If not, then we come from two different viewpoints, and there's just no way we can see each other's side. If you do have a baby at home I'm surprised, because my gut reaction to someone who has admitted guilt to this, and who has planned further such activities, is to beat them up or kill them. And you believe that I need as much psychological help as this guy? That's just ludicrous. Wanting to beat the crap out of someone who abuses a baby like that is a very normal reaction. Wanting to do what this guy did is not a normal reaction. Now,would I personally beat him up or kill him? I have no way of knowing that. But I am damn sure I would vote to convict him if I was on a jury and he was charged with the death penalty. If that makes you sad, then so be it. It makes me sad that you guys are more concerned with how I react than this psychopath's actual crimes.

13. Hollowway

Yes, we must be above the animals and not one of them, but there is nothing saying a life sentence or the death penalty are not above the animals. I guess it just depends on where you stand, but I think there is plenty of evidence to suggest that the recidivism rate of pedophiles is such that releasing them from prison is only going result in them doing the same stuff again. So if you know that letting a guy like that out is going to result in the abuse and possibly death of a child, isn't that more animalistic than letting him stay in prison or killing him? I think it is. I think it's irresponsible to think that a prison sentence of any length is going to result in a normal person coming out at the end.

14. Louis Cypher

I am not more concerned with your reaction than his crimes. Think your giving your opinions too much weight on this and to correct you, I never said no punishment should be "meted out", so I dunno where your coming from on that one. Also I fail to see who your version of justice as you put it isn't vigilante justice? eye for an eye? bit biblical ain't it?

What the fcuk does me having a baby at home have to do with my feelings and opinions on this? You think unless you have kids you can't be disgusted or appalled by child abuse? And not that its any of your business but yeah I have a kid.

As I say fact that you think that the best way to deal with him is to have him beaten and killed, BUT your not capable of doing that sums it up. And there is no need for you to convict him as he has pleaded guilty so he will be punished hopefully to the full extend the law provides for the disgusting crimes he has committed.

But if you wanna see him beaten and tortured and then killed so there is justice then by all means come over here and do it yourself... bring your family and the kids so they can see you do it so you can prove your idea of punishment is right in front of their eyes. Last thing I would ever wanna watch is someone beating someone to death, regardless of the reasons for doing it

15. Louis Cypher

This argument of yours makes sense (not that I agree with all of it but I do agree in part to some of it) and is a totally fair thing to say..... so why all the bulls1t bravado with the beatings and having him killed?? Your totally right, locking someone up and then after 10 years or whatever just releasing them when they clearly have a major psychological disorder that is a danger to the public is pointless and something needs to be done, killing them all is not what needs to be done however.

16. wespaul

wespaul Octaves of Manhattan

It always blows my mind when I hear stories like this. I understand that there are sick people out there, but what are the chances that two people with a proclivity toward something as heinous as toddler/child sex find, meet, and disclose it to each other?

17. sted

sted Active Member

Its a good point, like I said, in a civilised society there is no easy answer to such a horrible crime, we don't have a death penalty but to me they should be locked up forever if convicted, it's too easy for these guys to slip the net.
    As he's copped a mitigated plea he wont actually stand trial either, he'll just be sentenced on the diminished charges.
    Guy next door to my parents got his door kicked in only the other day as he had been interfering with his live in partners young son, apparently he has already done time for a previous offence as well. I've spoke to this guy, he seemed normal enough.
    I don't have kids but I know what I was like when I caught a burglar in my house, that didn't go well for him so god only knows what I (Or anyone in that position) would be like if they ever got hold of someone that did that to their child.

18. Hollowway

No, I mean I am all in favor of vigilante justice. My point is that you can't say vigilante justice is bad just because of anecdotal stories about the wrong people being attacked.

And I absolutely think that having kids vs not having kids affects how you react to stories of child abuse. Don't believe me? Go read the studies.

And you're just arguing for arguing's sake to say that I should go over there and bring my family. Should the military bring their families to watch them? I can't have a discussion with you if you're just going to make ridiculous statements. I'd happily tell my family what I'd done if I killed a bad guy, though. Do you think SEAL Team 6 should not tell their family they killed bin Laden? Or does it not count because the kids didn't see it with their own eyes?

And my not being able to do it doesn't mean squat. If I were in the middle of nowhere and someone was choking and I had to do a tracheostomy I'm not sure I could do that either. If there were a doctor nearby I would much rather he do it, and I would fully support his actions. But that doesn't mean I don't believe in it. The bottom line is this: if someone does something to harm the defenseless I believe that those of us capable should do everything to stop them. That includes death, if needed. In the North Korea thread I also posted that I believe the world's superpowers should try to take out the DPRK bad guys and take over. Now, you say that death should not be brought to this guy, despite his reprehensible crimes. So do you also feel that no wars should be fought? If you are a complete pacifist, and don't believe one human should ever hit another, no matter what, then I understand. But short of that I just can't figure out how this guy's crimes don't warrant at least the level of response we use in wars, police action, etc.
    Anyway, it's quite possible that I'm the odd man out here. But I'm surprised more people don't feel the same way I do.

Edit: I've got to check your profile. I feel like I've agreed with you in the past on stuff, and I can't figure out how were on such opposite sides on this issue....

19. Hollowway

Just checked some of your other posts to figure out why we're on such opposite sides of something that I wouldn't think had more than one side. And I definitely agree with what you've written above, in that the attention at this point needs to be on the victims, stopping this sort of thing in general, etc. I'm sure I sound like a gun toting vigilante lunatic, given my vitriol about crimes like this, but given $10,000, I would put that towards prevention and help for the victims, rather than hire a hit man. That being said, this sort of crime still infuriates me, and the prevalence of child abuse and sex crimes in general is ridiculously disturbing. And I think those people should be removed from society.

20. Louis Cypher

Deleted Hollowway's Quote and my Post - See ^ and my reply below for why