Looking like Black Sabbath's Born Again may get a remix

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Jun 26, 2021.

1. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

I'm not including Mob Rules... one of my all time favorite albums.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  2. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Haha! I never realized they jacked up a Depech Mode Album cover! :lol:

- There probably is a better use of his time out there. He's on the death clock and I'd honestly rather hear anything new or unreleased being worked on since he's still doing stuff, but I guess whatever is important to him is the right thing.

BlasphemyMadeFlesh likes this.
  3. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace $$60,000,000,000

Well, it was initially printed in a magazine circa 1968.

I'd prefer unreleased stuff. Open the vaults and sell volumes of unreleased material. Obviously, some of it'll be demos of stuff we've heard, but in different forms (ie, riffs that got cut, odd arrangements, etc), and some of it'll be totally new. That would be a much better use of his time as opposed to polishing a spoiled turd.

c7spheres likes this.
  4. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace $$60,000,000,000

Good goin', Don. Instead, you made Sabbath into a complete laughing stock, and ShOzzy probably laughed their pants off from an uncontrollable case of the giggles that morphed into a demonic possessed belly laugh from hell.

Source: https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2011/04/06/justify-your-shitty-taste-black-sabbath-s-born-again/

I don't know how serious Iommi and Sabbath were to getting Robert Plant, but David Coverdale had yet to break Whitesnake in a big way, so that might've been more likely to have happened. That said, a "Led Sabbath" record could have been a rather interesting idea, even if it failed as miserably as this dumpster fire had. A "White Sabbath" record, on the other hand, might've been interesting as well.

I'm curious, in all three cases (ie, "Deep Sabbath," "Led Sabbath," and "White Sabbath") whether or not the vocalists in question would've been there from the ground up, or if the music / songs were possibly already written. I think the results of being there from the start vs coming in almost after the fact would've netted a much different album. Either way, I'm curious what album those two alternate realities got.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  5. pazuzuya

pazuzuya SS.org Regular

Tony Martin era indeed. I'll take that grim epicness over Ozzy any day.

6. Supernaut

Supernaut SS.org Regular

It absolutely sucks that The Headless Cross isn't on Spotify - that album is a straight-up banger and one of Sabbath's best.

7. zappatton2

zappatton2 SS.org Regular

To be honest, at this point this album was more a memory of a memory for me, haven't really listened to it in at least a decade or two, so I decided to pull it out and give it a proper spin. Gotta say, maybe I've just been listening to a lot of mediocre music lately, but I'm more than half-way through, and I'm quite digging it. Not "need to pick up the remix" digging it, mind you, but I am enjoying it for what it is.

**edit** second side's definitely weaker.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  8. Nonapod

Nonapod SS.org Regular

I'd be interesting if they ever remastered and rereleased Tyr, the most obscure and (probably) the least listened to Black Sabbath album there is. I kinda like the Tony Martin era, even though I think a lot of people consider those albums sort of like Toni Iommi solo albums with the Black Sabbath label tacked on them.

9. Supernaut

Supernaut SS.org Regular

And that's a shame. People are missing out for overlooking the Tony Martin albums.

I also forgot about Tyr - that's a great album too.