Looking for vocals for my new project

HANIAK

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi!

I've started a new project called artogeia, on which I'm planing to post a new song on a monthly basis.
The idea is to post the song's instrumental version and then try to have one or multiple versions of that same song with vocals.

With this in mind, I'd like to invite everyone to record their own vocal version of my latest song.

The song can be listened and downloaded for free here: https://artogeia.bandcamp.com
I'll probably upload stems later today.

If you have any question about the recording process or something else, let me know! :)

Cheers!!

Hohomaru

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not commenting on behalf of a vocal collab. But band camp is an interesting place to post the tracks/stems for your single that you're trying to advertise.

I'd recommend something like google drive or dropbox in the future. Seeing "stems" on a band camp link is kind of off-putting, not just to me but the crowd you're trying to reach.

Just my 2 pence man. Hope you find someone to collab with because the track itself is solid!

HANIAK

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for your message and for listening to the song!

I think you made a good point about having the stems on bandcamp, but I want to have all tracks in the same place... imho it's tidier.
That being said, I marked the stems as bonus tracks, so they're not that visible. ;)

Cheers!

HANIAK

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey! Thanks!
When I wrote this song I was thinking low gutural vocals would fit (somewhat similar to whitechapel for instance), but I'm open minded about that. If you want to put clean vocals all the way, just do it! :)

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
I'll see what I can do, even if gutturals aren't my forte.

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
Hey! Thanks!
When I wrote this song I was thinking low gutural vocals would fit (somewhat similar to whitechapel for instance), but I'm open minded about that. If you want to put clean vocals all the way, just do it! :)

Having played with it a bit I think you're right that the vocals want to be low - I'm going to leave the gutturals out for now, just because I don't practice them much. I want to get something solid recorded in the next day or two, so just low and heavy for now, and then if you love it I'll try and punch it up.

Still, I have lyrics and got some scratch tracks down today. Not promising spectacular lyrical prowess, but I don't see why it won't come together some time this week.

Oh and thank you for writing songs of reasonable length and with reasonable song structures. The last demo I did, they sent me a 7 minute Meshuggah style polyrhythmic opus and just "see what you can come up with". Talented lads, but it would be nice to know where they thought lyrics were supposed to fit...

HANIAK

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No problem about the lyrics! They're important, of course, but I'm more interested in the vocal performance than the lyrics. :)
Cheers and thanks for giving it a try!:shred:

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
It's lacking a lot of polish, and the production job is extremely medium but here's a look at what I've been working on...

Chaos Absolute Rough v1

Frustratingly I ran out of recording time on Thursday, and it's a very long Easter weekend so I won't be able to get back in the booth until Tuesday. Still I figured I'd let you see where I'm going with it. All the parts are there, they just need to be tightened up, particularly on timing. I want to put some fills in the section just after the clean bit but otherwise that's about it.

I am least happy with the first and last verses (timing :eek:) and they need more practice, but the slower bits I'm pretty happy with. Still work in progress, but progress is being made!

MetalheadMC

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'll have to come back to this one once I get moved soon, and all my shit fully set up. Or just catch another one in the future if you keep putting them out monthly. Very cool track, and great job LostTheTone

HANIAK

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thank you @LostTheTone for the amazing effort!
To be brutally honest, I think your approach kind of fits the song, but it wasn't really what I was looking for. I agree the lack of vocal processing makes it difficult to see to the full song picture, without having the vocals fit in the song mix wise. Anyway, I really appreciate you giving it a try! Thank you so much! :)

@MetalheadMC - Looking forward for your version too! I have two new songs pretty much finished, but I'm probably not uploading one of them (soon).

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
To be brutally honest, I think your approach kind of fits the song, but it wasn't really what I was looking for.

No worries dude, it's still a fun project to work on. My comfort zone for vocals is normally at the other end of the spectrum, the day before I found this thread I was doing Architects covers and Guns n Roses, and it's been good just to push out a bit and try stuff that I normally wouldn't.

I'm always happy to take a crack at doing vocals as you put tracks out, even if we aren't quite on the same creative wavelength. It's so much more interesting to work on originals than to just do cover versions! Even if it's not necessarily going anywhere, it's good just to write stuff.

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
Having spent some more time on the production, I think I am going to say I'm finished at this point:

Chaos Absolute V2 (now with 100% more correct version!)

I haven't re-recorded anything, just fiddled with the knobs and now there is rather better separation between the guitars and vocals (hurrah!) but you can also better hear that there are some unspectacular takes in there (boo!).

Still I think most will agree it's somewhat better. Not wonderful though, and if anyone wants to shoot me a DM to tell me where they think the problems are, I'd love to hear. I know I can improve the recordings, but I'm not super keen to jump back into re-producing it all, and I have a backlog of other stuff so I think I'm ok saying I'm finished.

This is a fun project man, looking forward to more of your stuff as it comes out.

Last edited: