Looking for a specific brand/model of humbucker pickup rings

ThomasUV777

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yes I'm that anal about pickup rings. I'm looking for the ones that they use on Jackson Custom Shop models and, apparantly, ESP customs as well. They're dark grey matte plastic:

gcwowlplnpszvsrlq01z.jpg
jackson_b-stock_-2.jpg

Help me SSO-Kenobi! You're my only hope!

ThomasUV777

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sorry mods, should've been in "Pickups, Electronics & General Tech". Could you move this?

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Without seeing them in person, I don't necessarily think they are dark grey, I think they are just a textured matte black.

Like this satin black guitar with a gloss black stripe. It's just how the reflected light is diffused.
1664316939134.png

fretsonthenet.com has a satin black plastic he offers for pickup rings and other parts, and offers a shit-load of customization options and made-to-fit retrofit shapes/sizes:
1664317067775.png
1664317143927.png

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
What you call anal I call normal. Pick up rings are to a guitar as shoes are to a man....announce to all the world you've arrived.

ThomasUV777

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
... big lol on the "Help me SSO-Kenobi..."... thanks for that.

... regarding your quest, I cannot help, sorry... have you tried Seymour Duncan, it looks like both of those guitars are loaded with them, so... maybe?

Hell you're probably right:

But ofcourse sold out and can't find them anywhere -_- at least I'm a bit closer to finding them. Otherwise I'll go to fretsonthenet.

Thanks everyone!

*edit* found them and ordered!

Last edited:

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
These are infinitely cooler than glossy rings. You have every right to be picky about them.

Also, god that Nosfersatu Eclipse is so fucking sick! Chalk that up to something I would never pay the asking price for, but would absolutely love to own.

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: I actually PREFER Pickup rings on my guitars :erk:
I don’t usually care one way or the other. I think direct mount looks bad on some, and rings look bad on others. It’s definitely circumstantial.
I prefer rings on flat top guitars vs. super carved or radiused tops like ESP MHs.