Looking for a specific, affordable delay

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Dec 25, 2019.

1. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

Ok, so I was off by one digit :lol:

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

I tried the delays in my Zoom MS. Didn't seem like any of them has a dry blend or a dry kill

3. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

4. HeHasTheJazzHands

I have the bass version so that may be why? I have the latest version, so I may get home and double check it. I recall there being some reason for me not using it.

5. Spinedriver

According to the manual, if you have the MS-60B updated to version 2.0, you should have all of the same delays that are in the 70CDR. I have a B3 and I don't think there was ever an update for it ever since it came out. For some odd reason, whenever anybody releases a "bass" version of a multi effects unit, it gets absolutely neglected.

Now you've got me thinking if I shouldn't trade the Flashback in for a Boss DD-7 that the local store has on sale (it's Boxing day sales here in Canada) for $99.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  6. HeHasTheJazzHands

I will say the MS60B got quite a significant update. And yeah I got the MS60B. When I get home from work I'll check what the deal is.

Spinedriver likes this.
  7. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

There was a software program that came out not too long ago also that someone created that allows you to add or subtract ANY effect from all these pedals in this series. MS-50G, MS-70CDR, G1on, B1on, etc.... so if there is a delay from the guitar version you want, you should be able to add it to your bass version.

I kept thinking about adding some of the fancy CDR stuff to my G1on..... I did download the program Zoom Effect Manager, and looked at everything that could be added, but didnt actually do it at the time.

I saw the info here: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...cdr-effects-and-others-on-g1on-g1xon.2081936/

8. HeHasTheJazzHands

I just checked, and yeah, there's the Slapback Delay and it has a Dry On and Off switch. Dunno how I missed that. Goes all the way down to 1MS as well.

Oooh shit I need to check that out. There's a shit ton of filler effects, so I'd like to settle down to the bare essentials.

Actually, can I add guitar amps and cabs to the MS60B?

9. Spinedriver

With the firmware update, the MS 60B already has all of the delays, reverbs, etc... that there are to get. That was kinda the reason for getting the MS 70 to begin with, it had all kinds of mod/delay & reverb effects that the other ones didn't at the expense of not having any amps or drive pedals. It was just with that latest firmware update that they decided to basically put everything the MS70 had onto the other ones, which kinda makes getting the CDR pointless if you already have one of the other two MS pedals.

10. HeHasTheJazzHands

So yeah, fired up the MS60B and yeah, the slapback delay with the dry kill on does the trick. Cool, saved me $60 - $100. Thanks @Spinedriver. :lol:

Spinedriver and budda like this.
  11. Spinedriver

Glad to be of service, sir. :cheers:
    I'll also add that the "Stereo Digital Delay" can go pretty low as well. I figure now that I'll mess with the delays on the CDR a bit more, I'll keep the Flashback but now I'm trying to decide whether or not to 'upgrade' my MXR 10 band eq to a Boss EQ-200. A 10 band eq works SO much better with the Mooer Radar than just using the onboard eq that I'm debating if it's worth the money for the 4 memory banks and 'dual' eq mode or just manually adjust whenever I switch amps/irs.

12. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

Yeah, I have seen other people say they added guitar amp models to the bass pedals, and vice-versa. I know I thought about it since I have a G1on and B1on.

I am surprised the Flashback can't go lower than 69ms. I just checked my G Major 2, and it actually goes down to 0ms.

13. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

With that software you can add anything to anything. You could even add bass amps and such to the guitar pedals.

I thought about getting the CDR a few months back, and one reason I was looking was because it has stereo in and outs. That is still one difference between it and the others. I also noticed the input impedance on it is different than the G1on, so I wonder if it would be more transparent in a loop. I know I tried my G1on in some line level loops, and it couldn't handle them.

Spinedriver likes this.
  14. sharedEQ

sharedEQ SS.org Regular

Boss is the answer. Or behringer boss copies.

15. Spinedriver

I think I may have tried adding some amps to the CDR but I seem to recall that I couldn't get it to work. Given that I already have a handful of pedals (MXR 5150, Tech21 GT2, Megalith Delta, etc..) a Pod X3, GSP1101 and now a Mooer Preamp Live, I probably wouldn't have used them anyway.

16. HeHasTheJazzHands

So I may have to check out the Behringer. :lol:

My problem is the MS60B doesn't have a way to send a dry out in one out, and an effected signal in another. It's just either effect + dry or effect only in both output.

It looks like the DD600 does what I need. In E/D mode, PAN OUT sends the dry signal, and Out A sends the effected signal.

So it's either try the Behringer and luck out, save for the Boss DD7, or get a dedicated A/B/Y box.

17. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Not a pedal but my Rocktron Replifex rack I use will do this twice over. You can use two delays at the same time and pan them and also adjust wet/dry parameters on it too. You can go from 1ms to 1000ms of time. They're pretty cheap nowadays and sound great, plus you'd have a bunch of other stuff to mess with too. Just a thought since you're talking about possibly using preamps.

18. HeHasTheJazzHands

They're kinda going up in price unfortunately. :( Plus I kinda wanna make it a pedal.

TBH to save space, I want to go with just a single pedal, so I may just grab the DD7 and hope for the best.

19. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Oh, well don't try the Rocktron pedals. Those suck, imo, compared to their racks of yesterday. The DD-7 is really nice. My freinds got one and the only thing I wish it had was presets.

20. HeHasTheJazzHands

Oh I had the DD7 as well and loved it. It's why I have no qualms getting it again.

EDIT: This is what I needed. From the DD7 Manual

download (1).png

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    Spinedriver and c7spheres like this.