Looking for a reverb pedal...

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by UnattendedGolfcart, Apr 29, 2015.

1. GunnarJames

GunnarJames SS.org Regular

Hardwire Supernatural is really nice. The Hardwire RV-7 is really nice too, you loose the shimmer setting for a reverse setting but check out some videos of the reverse setting because it's really awesome. A used Strymon blueSky can be had for close to $200 if you find the right deal as well.

2. KailM

KailM SS.org Regular

Since you already have a Flashback, I can tell you firsthand that a Hall of Fame would compliment it nicely.;)

As someone else mentioned, the HOF really doesn't do a true "shimmer" reverb, but it sounds beautiful on most of its modes. My go-to clean sound is with my HOF set to "Church" with a pretty long decay, and my Flashback set to "mod" delay with 2-3 repeats. The "mod" on the Flashback adds sort of a chorusy shimmer (without sounding like silly "80s" cheesy chorus) to the tone and the "Church" mode on the HOF is epic in its own right. Very huge and haunting.

But if "shimmer" is really what you're after, you might need to get a dedicated pedal that does that.

I can tell you that the Mooer Shimverb I tried sounded terrible. Very lo-fi and "fake" sounding. I'd look elsewhere for that effect, and plan on spending some real coin.

3. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

+1 for the digitech/hardwire SUPERNATURAL! i have it and it is amazing! best reverb i have heard also.

4. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

check out this supernatural video and tell me this isnt exactly what you need. when i first stumbled across this vid i practically watched it on repeat for 2 weeks. it didnt take long before i was clicking the add to basket button lol. I LOVE IT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vqTRylaSyc

5. UnattendedGolfcart

UnattendedGolfcart SSO's Fat Mac

Ok I'm getting this. The darkness of this effect is exactly what I want. I love the beauty of it too. The fact that this is all just one setting on the pedal makes me want it even more. Thank you for this! :)

6. Metalhead77479

Metalhead77479 SS.org Regular

+1 for the Neunaber Serephim. I picked one up about 6 months ago and have yet to find an application where it fails to deliver any and everything I need. Cool part about it is you're getting two pedals in one (it has the Wet reverb & Shimmer circuit inside) for the cost of one pedal!

7. slaws

slaws SS.org Regular

I just picked up a Midnight 30 Serenity Reverb for about $150 and I love it. You have it running with just plain reverb then hit the "ghost" switch to add some great ambiance to it. I'm a sucker for boutique pedals with great artwork.

[​IMG]

8. Darren James

Darren James SS.org Regular

That seraphim sounds awesome and the price is just right. I think I may get one to throw on my board.

9. crankyrayhanky

crankyrayhanky SS.org Regular

EQD Afterneath just arrived today and I love it. Sounds just like the clips on the demoes, which is a cool and unique thing. Lots of choices out there though!

10. UnattendedGolfcart

UnattendedGolfcart SSO's Fat Mac

This sounds really nice too. The "Ghost" effect is really pleasing. The Upstate New Yorker in me feels obligated to buy this :lol:

11. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

no problem. i knew you would see this video and be blown away. its hard not to be. and btw it has MANY other types of reverb. pretty much ALL of it EXTREMELY usable! plus aesthetically its a beautiful pedal. satin black with antique like golden font and its eerie blue led. oh man just thinking about it makes me drool lol