Long Weekend (prog rock; podxt, tse x30, redwirez, s2.0, reason 4, etc)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by arsenic, Feb 8, 2011.

1. arsenic

arsenic &

So... I've been working on a "write/record/produce/upload/blah a song every week" thing since the first week of January. Most of the stuff I write is often in the post-rock/alternative/ambient-ish side, and pretty much devoid of "djent", but I think some of you guys might dig it.

Anyway, entry #05 is called Long Weekend and it's more in the prog rock side of things I guess. I'm really happy with how this one turned out.

Hope you enjoy it!

Juan Herrera's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

P.S: There are some older tracks on my soundcloud profile as well, unrelated to this thing-a-week business. These can be identified by the lack of numbers in their title :p

Demeyes likes this.
  2. arsenic

arsenic &

3. Gemmeadia

Gemmeadia SS.org Regular

i love this dude. Its all about the crazy drum beats! This gave me a few ideas for my project.

4. Demeyes

Demeyes SS.org Regular

I really like it, some great atmosphere in parts. I'm not mad about the drum sound because it sounds really fake but a lot of others really like that kind of thing.

5. arsenic

arsenic &

Hehe, yeah, I'm still having some issues with the whole drum programming thing. I guess I can get pretty decent results during softer sections, but I definitely need to practice more during the heavier or busier parts... specially during fills and kick-heavy passages.

Thanks for replying guys!