Long time no NGD - Solar V1.6D LTD

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Andromalia, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

Been waiting for a non red, non black, evertune Solar V forever. The potential opponent would have been an evertuned warlock without abalone. Solar won, obvisouly, as the contender didn't even start the race, the solar is going to be a limited run, I like all woody/natural colors, I hadn't bought a guitar since january 2017, and ****** confinement gives me ample time to play.

Overall, guitar is a winner with one exception. IMG_20200421_161353.jpg IMG_20200421_161623.jpg IMG_20200421_161651.jpg

Gig bag is actually pretty nice and feels like the horns are protected enough. IMG_20200421_161800.jpg

There is definitely a blacker area at the center buit it's nothing as blatant as what some were afraid of. (That's natural sunny light, it's more visible indoors) Evertune and hardware are niceky finished, nothing bad to say about the frets either. There is what appears to be an accidental ding on the top side but no big deal: the finish looks like it will behave like the M8M and wear out over time. IMG_20200421_161813.jpg

Now the bad for me, at least: jack placement means it's hitting my right leg when standing up. I'll see what I can manage with a not-straight jack (don't remember what those are called in english) but I don't haver one at the moment. IMG_20200421_164209.jpg

I can corroborate that the neck is very modern Strat-ey, I'm not really accustomed to it as I never could deal with the strat volume button, but without that button hassle it looks like I'll grow into it easily enough. Toggle clicks ok and doesn't feel flimsy, push pull is pretty nice for cleans.

Guitar is very comfortable to play, the planed area is done at the right size and angle, I like it a lot.

Overall feeling: very positive. Evertune is dialed in so as to allow almost no vibrato so I'll have to change a few things and RTFM.

2. mlp187

mlp187 Burrito Master Contributor

I generally dislike v's but there is something special there. I hope you play the hell out of it and have years of satisfaction. Congrats!

3. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

i am growing back INTO Flying Vs I have to admit.

More the old school Gibson shape but these Solars for pointy Vs are the best looking out there imo.
    Congrats

4. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

really dig the 'natural' look/stain with an extreme metal shape!

5. protest

protest SS.org Regular

Yea, makes me think of a Moser...a non crazy Moser

6. manu80

manu80 Jackson for life !

Jolie ! Ce confinement va avoir raison de mes finances aussi ;)
    Nice ! guess that the lockdown will make us buy a lot of gear ;)

7. Sleazy_D

Sleazy_D SS.org Regular

Nice looking guitar. I had two of the washburn ones a few years ago and sold them because of the jack placement. It annoyed the hell out of me after a while.