Line6 HD150 Halfstack

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by TheManInBlack, Feb 21, 2008.

1. TheManInBlack

TheManInBlack Well-Known Member

okay...i broke down and bought my first halfstack. used combos ever since ive been playing. from what ive read on the web..line6 is a love or hate situation. some people love the sound of a tube amp best while others get thier rocks off on something like this. what sold me on it was the spider IIIs 400 presets. if u wanna play the song "No More Tears" by Ozzy...put it on that preset and ud swear that u were hearing the album. theres alot of presets of bands im not real familiar. slipknot, lacuna coil, opeth and so on. theres alot of popular settings for songs from ,acdc, whitesnake, zz top, led zepplin, hendrix, ozzy, and metallica to name a few. theres also some settings for songs of an era...50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s. theres even presets that members of bands made. not really set to sound like one of thier songs..just presets they came up with. thers one setting called "next room" it actually sounds like its coming from the next room. if ur wanting to get a certain tone as used by a certain band...chances are this amp has it and theres no guess work. of course u can set it how u like if u want ur own tone. as far as the specs on it...150w stereo amp head and 4 12 inch celestions in a cab. i think for 650 bucks u get alot of amp and its useable.

i had looked at getting the B52 tube amps but i couldnt get the sound out of it that i wanted on the gain channel. having all of the effects built into the line6 is another factor that weighed in.

if ur lookin for a cheap solid state amp that has a lot of cool presets...check out the spider III amps.

2. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

if you're looking for a cheap solidstate amp, it better be a practise amp and 30W or under IMHO.

a spider series amp is a practise amp, at the end of the day.

if you love yours, :yesway: to you :)

3. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD Forum MVP

I actually sort of dig the B52s.

4. Chris

Chris Forum MVP

The Peavey Supreme 160 is solid state and imo the best sounding head ever made. It's all in what you like.

5. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

chris, i havent heard a supreme 160 but i fell in love with the XXL myself.

6. Jason

Jason Forum MVP

I liked the spider III 15 watt combo I had for a week or so.. Then I returned it :2c:

7. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

I had the Supreme XL and it kicked MAJOR assage. :hbang: Unfortunately at the time, I was joining a new band and needed to upgrade my bass gear and had to sell it. A year later, I switched over to guitar and kinda wished I had it back, but I got a Crate GT3500 (for the power) and a Pod XTL (for the tone). If I thought the Supreme XL would be able to compete with the rest of the band without having to dime it, I probably would have re-bought one.

8. TheManInBlack

TheManInBlack Well-Known Member

i agree on the peavey amps..i jammed on my bandit 112 for 6-7 years and love the gain channel on it. i considered goin with a peavey solid state half stack but i went with this one becuase of the price, features, and the cool factor of the presets it comes with...

9. Christopher

Christopher Total Rondo Addict! Contributor

The other guitar player in one of the bands I play in just got the Spider III half stack and I got to hear it on Monday night. I was fairly impressed considering what he paid for it. I thought he was getting pretty good tones, it reminded me a lot of the tones I got with my Vetta II head.

That being said, my Axe Fx / Classic 50/50 rig killed it dead.